help! CONSTANT nausea making me blue

emilia

Reaction score
:( Dear All

I'm 10 weeks now and have been feeling just bloody awful for weeks. No sign of it easing down. Hate any thought of food. Forcing myself to eat and then left with vile taste in my mouth. Have tried everything from peppermint tea (and sweets) to ginger beer, grapes etc. I was 26 years old with my last pregnancy - I'm 36 now and wondering if this is an age thing. My whole life is on hold and although kids and husband considerate - I'm hacked off with myself. Sounds a little harsh to some, but I have NOT enjoyed this pregnancy at all so far. Was little nauseas with other two. Mostly in the mornings, but with this little one it is all day and all night. Seldom vommit, but gag a lot. I'm wishing time away because of it. I do try and rest most afternoons even though it has very little effect on the nausea.
Any help and advice would be wonderful. I'm sure someone out there can relate to this.
Desperate :x
Emilia

Hi there Emilia, I also suffered horribly with nausea, I'm 11 weeks on Thurs and it started to fade away around week 9 although I know it's different for everyone. I found that the acupressure bands for travel sickness really helped. I popped them on overnight and when I woke up they definately helped alleviate the nausea enough so I could eat something. Give it a go, you can get them at Boots.

Good luck

Zo x

Hi ya, I feel excatly the same, I feel bad for feeling like I do as Im really happy about the pregnancy. This is my first and im nearly 7 weeks and since the day I found out (4wks 2 days) iv been suffering from nausea aswell as the rest of the symptoms. The nausea has now turned into being sick from 6am in the morning and nausea through the day. I hate food and dont ever feel hungrey - just sick! I try to eat little and often and sometimes it helps but its difficult when you feel so sick.
Im really worried as im going to st.Lucia next week also and really dont know wheter to canx or not as the journey is prob going to make me worse and then there's the time difference and im worried about the food and if something happens as im still in early stages...
I couldnt go to work this morning as im just getting worse and worse, my mum had a condition where she was sick for 9months & i really hope these things dont run in the family! Please help us anyone :cry:

Hi ladies,

I can totally empathise with you - I'm 5 weeks on Friday & the extreme exhaustion & nausea kicked in a few days ago - with a vengeance - I feel awful!!!!!!!

I'm overjoyed at finally being pregnant but feel like I've got a bad case of the flu with a stomach bug on top - it's wearing me down already & it's only really the 3rd day - I'm dreading being like it till the 12+ wk stage - argh!!!!!!!!!!

The pattern so far seems to be that I feel queasy from the minute I wake up then it gradually calms down a bit to be just about bearable during the morning but then revs back up again all afternoon & evening!!

I'm trying the 'eat little but often of whatever you fancy' approach but that seems to be a bit hit & miss to be honest - I'm living on ginger biscuits, crackers, salt & vinegar crisps & bread or jacket potatoes with gallons of water or ginger beer!!

I'm usually quite healthy with food & eat tons of fruit, salad & veggies with chicken & fish etc but at the moment, I can't even bear the thought of it in my mouth - makes me want to gag!!

My stomach is enormous & full of trapped wind - feel really sore, tender, bloated & just 'full' all the time - plus I keep rushing to the loo - nice eh?! - sorry!!

I can't remember ever feeling this knackered either - I feel sooo achey & shattered all the time, but don't seem to be sleeping very well - it's so frustrating - I'm already wishing the weeks/months away & we only found out a week ago!!!!

It's so debilitating - you just don't want to go anywhere or do anything etc. do you? My hubby suggested we go out for a nice meal this weekend to celebrate, but I honestly don't think I could face it!! He's incredibly supportive about things but I really think that he can't totally understand or appreciate just how rotten I feel - he told me today to go out for some fresh air & try & forget about it & just carry on as normal - bless him - easier said than done when you feel like you've been hit by a double decker bus & want to constantly throw up!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm off work this week but start a new job next week - part time mornings thank god - I'm hoping & praying that I'll be able to make it through till 1pm each day then rush home before it all kicks in too badly - especially as I obviously haven't told them yet!!!! The way I feel at the moment, hiding it is going to be very hard - not sure how I'm gonna handle it to be honest!!

Anyone got any suggestions or wise words of wisdom??!!

Kath.
XXXX

:?

:) Thanks for all your reassuring replies. It has been lovely to read through the advice and frustrations of nausea.
Yesterday was my lowest day. I was tearful and very upset. Decided to have a nice bath (don't forget to leave out the bubbles - it can cause bladder infection), my son brought me a hot water bottle and I snuggled up under a blanket infront of telly. I woke up this morning feeling much better, although very fluey. I find drinking a glass of ice cold water first thing, great! During today I've also made hot water with fresh ginger, lemon wedges and honey. It made quite a difference.
Today has really been an improvement. I've decided to go swimming tomorrow morning hoping that it will make me feel more energetic. Perhaps there is hope now, but heck - it's hard when your friends get fed up with you when all you have to say is...." I feel crap"
I'm very lucky though that I'm self-employed and can take it easy just now. If you have to go into an office, maybe make up a flask of this water I mentioned above and leave it to brew. Just keep topping up with hot water. Carrot sticks really were the only thing I could manage. As a result, I've lost half a stone since nausea started. Not complaining - the munchies are around the corner (yes!!!!!!)
Good luck with all your niggles!!
Keep in touch
Kindest Regards
Emilia :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member