• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

natural miscarriage v medical or D and C?I need to decide...

crowgirl

Reaction score
I've sadly just had the bad news that my pegnancy is not going to work out.I am 8.1 weeks and there is a gest sac and yolk sac but only 2 mm fetal pol which ahs not rown much in a week.Very sad as this is now my second miscarriage in a year.......sooooo wish it was ok.I need to decide what route to take now to manage the situation. Im torn as part of me thinks i should do something staright away so that its over early next week and ive got the rest fo the week to recover (I cant take weeks and weeks off so trying to mnaage my time) on the other hand you always hope for a miracle.....D and C appeals as I wont know anything about it, and im scared i'll find the tablets traumatic, but on the other hand its more obtrusive and i want to protect my future fertility.I only have one fallopean tube) It would be brillient if anyone out there could tell me their experiences as it may help me decide.........

hun i would strongly advise a d and c, i will pm you why, as others may disagree. im so sorry for your loss hun :hug:

So sorry for your loss.

Its generally your choice hun but I alot of women choose to have D&C as it means things are over and done alot quicker. I personally wasnt given a choice and m/c naturally and found it very traumatic.

Good luck hun, if you need to chat then PM me xxx

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi crowgirl - sorry to hear of your loss. Hope you've been able to decide what to do. I'm in exactly the same position - found out last week that I'd miscarried at 9 weeks 3 days. I'd had no bleeding or pain, so went away on holiday for a few days as planned. Now I'm back, I've started light bleeding today and need to decide what action to take. I find the stories of coping naturally really scary - if anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it. Also, how quickly does the heavy bleeding come on? Should I just go to the hospital today?

Ihad medical management, it was horrible and didn't work- 7w later I was still getting positive tests and had to go for an emergency d\c (which was done concious!).

I wish I had went for the d\c to begin with. My body was really messed up and I didn't have an AF for 6months.

I chose the medical management because I thought it would be more 'natural' than the d\c.

Hi there, thanks for your messages.I decided after a lot of gonising to opt for medical mgt and took the tablet to soften my cervix today.I go to hospital on monday when they give me the supposotories.I am not looking fwd to the next few days and im sure its going to be awful, but it just felt a little bit more natural and less intrusive,I am however aware that it may not work (15 % I think it doesnt work for) and may need a D and C in the end. Just hoping not. Im really sorry to hear about your experiences....it must be very distressing to test postive after all that time. With regard to deciding what to do, its very tough but I think in the end it all comes down to personal prefernce .My consultant said the risks are roughly the same in both proceedures and that in my specific case, she could recommend both, although she did say there were some cases where one or the other may be better.Id suggest you speak to your consultant/midwife or dr and see what they say.Perhaps the fact youve started bleeding might make a difference as to what they suggest as I have not had any symptoms other than pregnancy symptoms.I do really wish you well and do private message me if you want me to tell you how it went frankly...I wont post it here as I dont want to upset anyone.Take care, good luck and dont lose heart.We'll get through this one way or another.much love cXX

I think you have chosen the right route huni, you take care over the next few days and we shall all be thinking of you on monday
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back