Nappy sizes

Vicm

Reaction score
I know all babies are different, but we have been stocking up on a few bits and I have a few packs of 1, 2 and 3's in pampers and little Angels. My mum works in boots and they have 40% off all their own stuff in a few weeks to staff so thought I might get a few of boots ones while on offer.

Anyway, approx what ages are the sizes for? They all say in pounds on the packs so size 2 say 6-13lb's, size 3 are 9-20lbs and size 4 are 15-40lbs! There seems to be quite an overlap in weight and I'm thinking perhaps size 3 I will use the most of? What sort of age is a baby usually 20lbs?

I'm not going overboard and buying loads, we have 2-3 packs of each atm but in different brands as don't want to get all same ones incase one doesn't suit.

My LO is still in size 1s, I think he is around 12-13lb and is 11weeks old. I will be moving to size 2s next time I buy nappies. You will probably use loads of all of them xxx

James has always gone up a size quite early!

He pee's upwards so needs the nappies with higher backs so he has been in size 4's (15lb - 40lbs) as soon as he hit 15lbs!

The weights are meaningless in our experience James is still only 17lbs 6oz so would still "fit" into size 3's but I haven't had him in those for months.

My advice is always don't go mental, you can always find nappies on offer but if it is a really good deal then grab a few extra packs.

xxxxxx

Thanks girls thats a great help :)

Def don't buy too many. You will soon find a brand that suits your lo and you will then want to stick to that brand. I found that pampers was the only brand where that we didn't have leaks with so that's all I used and the others I had stocked up on got given away.

O was in size one for about a month. she's long and skinny so took trial and error to find a brand that was good for us and didn't leak, so id say buy a few of each brand which were Aldi mamia.
She's now in size 4 at almost 11mths but is only 17lb 3 x
Using tapatalk can't see tickers

I had long skinny babies size 3s we used for longest. Like the girls have said I wouldn't overstock.

We went from size 2 to size 3's in a week. There always seems to be nappy offers on in the supermarkets so don't buy too many yet xx

Like Carnat my LO has always been slightly ahead on nappy sizes compared to what weight they say they're for. He's now almost 8 months, weight about 19lb and wearing size 4s. I dream to think how many packs of nappies we've used in the various sizes before now but some top brands we found absolutely shocking leakage wise so please don't go too overboard x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back