Nappy-off time?

claire2711

Reaction score
How often should LO be having nappy-off time?

I'd like to do it as much as possible, as I don't like the thought of him wearing a nappy 24/7 :moon:

Any tips girls? :)

I give him about 10mins or so every night before his bath... but I guess the more the better :)

I let Calleigh have nappy free time in the evening before her bath as i know she is less likely to poo then :lol:

I was wondering about this...cos we have trouble just changing isaac, he just poos everywhere...the other week Dh was changing him and projectile poo shot 3 feet across the nursery :rotfl: ...we still haven't got the stains out of the carpet :roll: plus isaac has managed to wee in his own mouth several times and once wee shot across the nursery also...

Is there any chance of a SAFE fluid free nappy off time with a boy??? :lol:

I let LO get naked as often as possible tbh. I tend to always spend half an hour or so in the afternoo up on the bed and let him have nappy off time then and take all his clothes up. Babies seem to like being naked. LO ones it. Spends most of his time kicking away and giggling.

Nappy off time at other times also. Usually a fair few times a day if I can. Usually once he has just done a wee and I've a really wet nappy. Pop a towel under him and leave him to have a kick for a while.

His bottom has never been sore or had a rash on it. We used Calendula lotion in the early weeks but nothing since a few weeks old now :)

Because hes a boy and can pee over his head was started at about 7 weeks when he stoped peeing every time his nappy was taken off...

Never had a rash or anything, and only gets 10mins a day, id like to give more, but...

NickyB said:
When did you guys start nappy off time?

From a few days old :) It was warm in the bedroom so we gave him nappy off time for a few minutes most changes. As he got bigger times got longer is all.

Whenever I am changing Aimee I give her about 5/10 minutes of nappy off time. She would always pee whenever her nappy was off but for the past 2 weeks she has stopped this. She loves to just kick her legs about and have some freedom. Just make sure the room is warm. :D

Jacob gets about half and hour each night before I get him ready for bed. He sometimes gets a bit of time during the day when I change his nappy but this depends on where we are or what we're doing.

Finlay loves nappy off time - he also likes being completely naked :lol:

I give him some time whenever he is calm usually ;)

Before and after a bath is good

Try putting your baby on a waterproof changing mat to begin with to catch any accidents

i just put a towel on the changing mat.i usually leave nappy off for 5 minutes after each change if im at home and always before a bath for at least 15 minutes.and whenever else i fit it in really

helsekia said:
i just put a towel on the changing mat.i usually leave nappy off for 5 minutes after each change if im at home and always before a bath for at least 15 minutes.and whenever else i fit it in really

This is what we also do.
Hes just had 20mins of nappy off time and was as happy as anything, although i have had to keep scooping up the never ended poo that he did everytime i turned my back.......lol

Unless we're out - every nappy change during the day. I just have a pile of the old fashioned flat cloth nappies that I put on a waterproof changemat (sounds like you might need a plastic sheet though with those power poos!)

Is there any chance of a SAFE fluid free nappy off time with a boy??? :lol:
Tried a condom? :lol: Sorry can't help there I only have girl experience

we call it "naked kicks" :D Dylan loves it. We started from when he was a few days old. I will put a towel on his changing mat and let him have a good kick in the day for as long as he wants before he starts whinging (usually after 15 mins) then again before his bath in the evening. He loves his naked kicks :rotfl:

Same as some others here. He has is nappy of for 15/20 mins before his bath (in a cotrolled environment!) he loves it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back