Nightmare nappy change....

jennywren

Reaction score
Why is it when babies get to about 12 months they start hating getting their nappy changed, is it because they don't like you laying them on the floor for all of 5 minutes?

Oran never bothered about his nappy being changed and now, if he poos he goes out in to the hall or hides behind the curtain (urm son I can still smell it you know - just cause I cant see you pusing :rotfl: ) and when I say ''have you had a poo poo'' he runs away and when I say ''come on lets change your bum, put a clean nappy on'' he cries and runs off trying to get as far away from me as possible and when I manage to get him he kicks off.

You wouild think they would like a clean nappy rather than being sat in their own wee and poop :think:

Arianna went through a phase of that, but it didnt last too long.

I always find her happier if I change her lying across my knee.

i try and give luke something to distract him like the suda cream or a nappy and do it as fast as possible!!

Lola always tries to escape when i'm changing her nappy!
OH has given up and i've had to buy pull ups for him to use when I'm at work :roll:

Daniel isnt 1 yet, but he already hates changing his nappy :wall: Whats going to happen in a couple months time??? :think:

Lola's Mummy said:
Lola always tries to escape when i'm changing her nappy!
OH has given up and i've had to buy pull ups for him to use when I'm at work :roll:

What a wimp! Ha ha! Hope he paid for them himself!

My LO is a pain too, thinks its hilarious to crawl away laughing, she knows she's being a minx. The only way I can get through a nappy change is to sing 'Yes, my name is Iggle Piggle...' in a very loud voice. The shame.

Valentine Xxx

there was a little boy in work yesterday who seemed to be petrified of having his bum changed when he'd had a poo. the other girls thought it might of been from when he had had bad nappy rash once and he's just remembered that it hurt on that occassion. he has a special pack of milky buttons for bum changing time. he's starting to reaslise that once bum changing time is over he gets 1 button. It was very hard work though, not nice seeing him upset. i tried to distract him with everything, he had toys, held his clean nappy for me and cleaned the wall with a wetwipe :roll: which seemed to keep his mind at rest for most of the time! I did keep telling him he could have a chocolate button and showed him the pack. i think he knew he was getting one after as he held out his hand within seconds of me putting his nappy on :lol: Its very hard work i hope your lo gets over it soon.

Luckily i havent come across this problem with my son but he has started not licking being led down for too long and tries to roll away

See I knew it wasnt just Oran I just wondered what others thoughts were on why they do it!!!!

I seriously think with O its cause he is So bloody active and never sits still for a minute, when he is getting his bum changed he feels pinned down (well he is pinned down lol) so he knows he can't go and be crazy, come to think of it he will happily eat his tea if I sit with it and he uns off and comes back for a mouthfull every 30 seconds but I usually give it to him at the table and when he sees his highchair come out, he runs of trying to hide lol.

Jacks like this too, but i think like you said its just coz he doesnt want to sit still for 2 seconds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back