nappies

pilkers

Reaction score
Hiya

I really want to start using real nappies with Evie because I'm sick of disposables. TBH when she was born we used disposables for ease and because I was probably being incredibly selfish and lazy...anyway we'd like to make amends with the environment and also the disposables leave ugly red marks on her lil legs..

I've read the advice on the sticky but I'm confused... can anybody recommend a brand..ideally ones with flushable liners for when we go out...

thanks x

There are some great cloth nappying mum's on here, I had a few different ones to experiment with, Bambino Mio, Motherease, Tots Bots and more....the Bambino Mio came with disposable liners you can flush down the loo like regular toilet paper, the others came with seperate cloth liners although they were fine with a disposable liner in them too - I guess you can use the disposable liners with any of the brands. I expect you'll get some good answers from other mummies though.

bum genius pocket nappies (V3) :) can't recommend them highly enough! I love ours and they dry really quickly! They fit my skinny mini really well and have done since he was 7lb! they aren't too bulky and you can use them with an additional fleece or flushable liner - we have ultra liners on a roll which are flushable and decompostable - although to be honest we rarely use them as the fleece ones are so much better.....

i have literally just a minute ago put my first washable nappy on Anjali. I have Little Lamb. I am a bit confused if i've done it right though! there is an outside wrap, and inside nappy, and then 2 tongue bits, i think one is the absorbant bit and one is a liner? :think: not sure, and then there is a roll of paper liners too

what is immediately apparant is that Anjalis bum looks massive now lol :lol:

smile said:
bum genius pocket nappies (V3) :) can't recommend them highly enough! I love ours and they dry really quickly! They fit my skinny mini really well and have done since he was 7lb! they aren't too bulky and you can use them with an additional fleece or flushable liner - we have ultra liners on a roll which are flushable and decompostable - although to be honest we rarely use them as the fleece ones are so much better.....

Yes BumGenius all the way, they are fab!! Can also recomend Blueberry but they are both quite expensive to begin with but so worth it.

:shhh: you can get addicted tho :lol:

hurry the hell up 23rd of may so i can advertise!! grrrrr

liz.. all you do is put the 2 flappy bits inside the nappy the booster on the bottom and the liner on the top.. put it on like a normal nappy then the wrap on the top to.. if your breastfeeding you dont need a liner if your formula feeding or weaning you do..

also did you know you can use knitted wool wraps in shorts, knickers and trousers, some do a knicker with a skirt over the top.. they r amazing because they are fully natural and breathable and stay waterproof.. you only wash them every few months coz u air them and the wee mixes with the lanolin (that is a sort of grease that you soak them in after washing.) and they keep bubsd warm in winter and cool in summer :) andthey last generally depending on what type you get through most sizes.. i have a knicker type that lasts birh to potty..

if anyone wants to know anymore pm me :)

Nicola g said:
smile said:

Yes BumGenius all the way, they are fab!! Can also recomend Blueberry but they are both quite expensive to begin with but so worth it.

:shhh: you can get addicted tho :lol:

lol - we have blueberries too! I prefer the bumgenius as the legs on the blueberries sometimes gets a little damp.

They are expensive but I worked out that for the cost of 20bumgenius vspampers size 2s - I could only buy enough pampers to last us 6months while the reusable ones should last until he is potty trained :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back