Nursery and Cloth Nappies

Bee

Reaction score
Hiya

We may need to find an nursery soon (depending on my work situation which keeps changing every day :roll: )

I just wanted to know if anyone has had any issues with a nursery not wanting to deal with cloth nappies? I'm not switching to disposables just for a nursery especially since we are in the process of buying the next set for him.

Anyone had any experience?

My nursery were up for it but they were crap at changing them. Stanley was the only child in cloth in the history of the nursery.

We use the two part system and even after showing them how to change them they would leave a tiny bit of the nappy sticking out the wrap (you know that's all it takes :lol: ) and he'd be coming home in nursery clothes cause he'd had 2/3 changes during the day :roll:

After a month or two I quit and sent disposbles, we'd started to use them more by then too so it was no biggie :)

Seren was the only cloth bum in he4r nursery too, they had never seen them before. It was really easy, I would send them in with her and they would put them in her washbag ready for me to pick up. I had to show them how to use them and occasionally I would get an interestin g puton nappy but overall there was no issue :)

Mine are fine with it Bee and they have quite a few cloth bummed babies. My cousin's DD's nursery even go as far as to use the same laundry service (though what happens since Pure Nappies have closed I don't know) as when she was still in nappies she didn't even have to worry about carting them to and from nursery.

Thanks ladies

Yeah Minxy thats what I was thinking - got the impression that Finlay will be the only cloth bummed child there but I'm not switching just because they aren't used to it. I knew I would have to show them what to do but yeah I know how little it takes :lol:

I need to make sure its one of our top questions. If they aren't happy with it then he doesn't go there. I don't mind sending im with extra clothes and a means to bring the nappies home.

Lorna - where is Becky going?

our nursery said they would take her in cloth but didn't seem too happy about it - said that they always found they leaked (which is rubbish) They do however provide disposables in with the cost of her day's there so it won't cost me anything. I think I'm going just going to put her there in a cloth one as I'm not buying disposables just for nursery and then let them change her into disposables.

I use a childminder, but she is fine with it. I pack a wee bag with 3 made up nappies in it (with disposable and paper liner), a spare wrap and a wet carry bag for putting the dirty ones in. She doesn't seem fussed and even likes showing off to other mums/childminders at playgroup etc that DD has a cloth bum and her funky wrap of the day!

Valentine Xxx

drea b said:
our nursery said they would take her in cloth but didn't seem too happy about it - said that they always found they leaked (which is rubbish) They do however provide disposables in with the cost of her day's there so it won't cost me anything. I think I'm going just going to put her there in a cloth one as I'm not buying disposables just for nursery and then let them change her into disposables.

Thats what I don't want to face :( I don't really want Finlay with disposables on wether they supply them or not. Thye should follow your choices without question IMO

Didn't think about a childminder Valentine - going to look into that too :D Thanks

Mine said they were fine with it but he had such horrendous nappy rash he was in disposables for the 3 weeks (!) he was at nursery anyway. They were rubbish at changing them so hate to think what they'd have been like with cloth ones. It was one of the reasons we took him out. Our childminder is fine with them though. I have a friend who's oldest is now and when he first started nursery they actually binned the cloth nappies because they didn't realise what they were!

drea b said:

I would say that I was using cloth and could they take the cost of the disposables off my bill please :)

I dont know what nurseries and childminders are like in your areas but i noticed whilst looking for childcare that the majority by me have discount fees if your child is in cloth nappies - which i thought was really good :)

The nursery i work at have had a few children with cloth nappies and have never said no its up to the parent what they want their child to wear the nursery shouldnt say no

they didn't actually say no - just implied that they'd prefer not to have her in cloth. They talked about them leaking too much - which imo is rubbish. We mainly use pockets anyway so it's as easy as disposables.

You've inspired me to stand my ground on this one - it's cloth all the way :dance: Still too scared to ask them to take the nappy charge of my bill though :oops: :x

drea b said:
they didn't actually say no - just implied that they'd prefer not to have her in cloth. They talked about them leaking too much - which imo is rubbish. We mainly use pockets anyway so it's as easy as disposables.

You've inspired me to stand my ground on this one - it's cloth all the way :dance: Still too scared to ask them to take the nappy charge of my bill though :oops: :x

They just make up excuses I think. Bloody Scots :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back