Nappies

SalisburyMum

Reaction score
What are the best nappies these days? Had second hand bum genius flips for the last ones, this one I can afford new and I can afford the best :). Patterns don't matter, just want the best

I was buying pamper as I like them but now on tesco own ones and they work fine to. X

We're little lambs fans - our daughter's in their gutted bamboo ones and they're great :) I'm afraid that's all we've used though, so they might not be the best! We nearly went for tots bots and bum genius too, but after research, little lambs just clinched it for us. Where's Phoenix on this thread? She's the cloth expert lol

I'm between tots bots, bum genius and little lamb at the moment!!

YorksLass are those the ones that need the separate wrap over the top? If so which wrap did you go for to use with them?

We have the little lambs wraps, they work fine, but we also have a merino wool wrap from disana which is becoming more useful now the weather's colder. Might buy another one of those - love it! So far (5 months in) we've had no problems - they've easily contained massive poos and can go 12 hours overnight with an extra bamboo booster added. They come with washable fleece liners too, and have shown little signs of wear despite many washes! The velcro pad is coming away a little on a couple, but that doesn't make them unusable. Being bamboo, they take a long time to dry, but they also do cotton and microfibre versions - we went for bamboo as it's extra absorbent and better on the skin.
The "fill your pants" site has them on at £25 for 5, which was the cheapest I found new at the time - we've gotten by with 12 in size one... I think that size goes up to 18lb baby, but I forget! Size 2 should then technically take them up to potty training, but there's a 3rd size if needed. Hope that helps!

:lol:

I haven't been on this site in ages!

I like little lambs & have 5 but the rise on size 1s is a bit small/low now. She's still only about 13 and a half pounds so they fit well around her tummy but I have to be careful or she ends up with a builders bum lol.

I have a few favourites... diddy diapers, tots bots bamboozles, and bambinex teddies. All need an outer wrap. I would go for Imse Vimse velcro fastening wraps.

Didy diapers are fab, tots bots bamboozles are a really absorbent nappy for at night, but they do take a long time to dry fully, and the teddies are literally like putting a soft toy on your baby they are wonderfully fluffy, they are also pretty cheap at around £6 or £7 each and they dry super quick so it makes sense to have a few as 'emergency' nappies for those times you do a nappy wash and may need some dry asap.

Personally I prefer two part nappies up until the baby is upright (like sittting unsupported, crawling etc) because they are almost always leak proof where as I find AIO/pocket nappies a bit more prone to leaks.
After about 6/8m the Birth-to-potty (BTP) nappies are fine, I like Tots Bots Easyfits & Wonderoos.

I'm going for tots bots all in ones but found loads of Jakobs old ones the other day. Little lambs, wee notions, bamboozles and think they were all good but not all in one and much bulkier.

With diapers I find it most important that they don't leak and fit well. Because otherwise, it's nothing but trouble. I still find the cloth diapers from the old days the best. ; -)

I'm going to be making a lot of my own I hope (not even pregnant yet but hey, these things take time!) I will hopefully bulk out with some tots bots too :)

I know it’s been a while s Nice you posted this hun but tots bots stars have been amazing for us we already had close pop ins but I got a load of stars and they’ve not let me down I nice xxx

I know it’s been a while s Nice you posted this hun but tots bots stars have been amazing for us we already had close pop ins but I got a load of stars and they’ve not let me down I nice xxx

Glad you commented this and have just bought their trial pack. I have already got as couple of flip wraps to try and bought some stay dry inserts

Any recommendations for boosters?

I've not used TB in years now. What's the difference with the stars?

Glad you commented this and have just bought their trial pack. I have already got as couple of flip wraps to try and bought some stay dry inserts

Any recommendations for boosters?

How old is baby? We’ve not had to use any boosters! DS 2 is 1 now and they last us 4 hours if we are out he drinks a lot too so I’m surprised. Is it the stats the peenut and bamboozle? I haven’t used our bamboozle as much but stars and peenut are holding amazing also if they work out for you try going onto the tots bots page and looking at what’s called seconds they are cheaper but don’t get to pick the design or colour and I’ve had 0 issues. I’m still getting more stars as they seem better and more comfortable for our youngest he’s not a fan of pop ins and will remove them xxx

I've not used TB in years now. What's the difference with the stars?

Stars are bamboo instead, v4 is the binky material with snap in booster which barely work for us but I’ve kept them for another baby plan is to cloth from birth, the elastics on the stars are also rolled inwards so don’t leak like the v4 do for us I’m super happy with them haha I’m one of those cloth mums who talk about them a lot xxx

Oh yay I didn't get on with v4 so stars sound good!

I really love TB and they are local to me too

Oh yay I didn't get on with v4 so stars sound good!

I really love TB and they are local to me too

Really?! Don’t tell me that haha I have a nappy addiction already! I have emailed them recently about doing a teenyfits pack cause I like teenyfits haha and I think some mums may prefer those as a pack too. The stars have been amazing I genuinely can’t moan and the prints are adorable too. V4 didn’t work for quite a few people tbh some get on with them super but my oldest was a heavy wetter my youngest not so much but we got a lot of leaks before stars xxx

V4 was the reason we gave up cloth, I couldn't get them to work and I couldn't justify investing yet more money. I had some older v3 and v2 that were better but he was such a heavy wetter it was hit and miss and I bought all new v4.

I'm excited about star! I'm. Really lucky that my council has a incentive scheme with TB and we get a really big haul!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back