Nap times?

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
What time does your LO wake up in the morning and then what time do they nap afterwards?

H wakes up at 7:30 ish and then ends up napping at 09:30 for just 30 mins... She then naps at 12:30 for 30 mins and again at 16:00 for about 20 minutes...

I want to try and get her to have longer naps but nothing is working.. Or is this normal?

X

Albert's naps are all over the place cos everything is far too interesting, but he has a nap soon after getting up too, it's like waking up and having a bottle is such hard work lol

lyssa wakes at 6.30 to 7 then we get up etc n then she naps about half 8-9 for an hour. generally were on a 3 hour cycle, wake for hour n a half to 2 hrs sleep for hour to hr and a half just repeats thru the day lol

E wakes up anytime between 6 & 8 (but starting to wake her at 7 as really want some sort of routine!) and she will have a bottle and depending if I have had to wake her or she wakes up she will usually go back to sleep for a couple of hours then be up for the day.

Daytime naps are all over the place and we have no routine in the day (apart from feeding every 3 hours!) at all.

max doesnt get up til 9 !! has a feed, has a play, then the rest of the day is kinda just whatever he feels like!xxx

Lol funnily enough I put her down at 09:30 and she's still asleep now! Didn't do anything different either! X

I'd say its about normal Louise.

Kayden gets up between 7 & 8, he has breakfast & a play & goes for nap 2 hours later (im following the routine where they're only awake for 2 hours then sleep for 2 - it works btw) anyway, he goes for nap about 2 hours after waking, for 2 hours, then up & lunch & play then 2 hours later he goes for another 2 hours. After this time its tricky coz at around 3/4pm he starts getting grumpy but its too close to bed time for a nap so i've been trying to put him down for maybe 30mins or so. I've found when cutting out this last nap he's been going to bed better (only started doing this recently) then he goes off to sleep around 7pm...sometimes 8or9.

He used to be a nightmare for naps & never took any, when i started researching I figured he's not getting enough & right enough he's out light as soon as I put him down, if he wakes early i do re-settling which works

xxxxxx

Lily wakes at seven usually , has- nap around half twelve for about two hours then another hour around four or five and go to bed at half seven .
Aoibheann wakes at seven too , had a nap or just goes and plays quietly in her room about three till five then bed about half seven ?

Isla wakes at 6ish, I feed her and she has a little nap until about 7.30ish when she does a big poo! Lol! She then wants a feed about 9.30 and goes back to sleep until 11.30-12ish then its random! This is a week day - its all different at weekends when hubby is home xxx

Thanks ladies, seems I spoke to soon lol! She had a 90minute nap at 9:30 and now she had gone back down now - hopefully its longer than 20 minutes x

Charlie used to be a cat napper and have 20-30 mins here Nd there, used to drive me mad and I couldn't get anything done. I'm wondering if it was the noise and light cause he used to sleep in the living room in his carrycot, but now in a dark quiet room with just white noise?

It was that long ago that he napped downstairs that I can't remember when he started going longer. Where do you usually put her for naps?

Also, cause Charlie is a lazy bum and sleeps loads he gets tired about 1.5-2hrs after he first got up, so I do have to clockwatch all the time. For example he will wake at half 5, I will feed him in his room and he will go back to sleep til usually wakes at half 7, then between 9/9.30 he will go down and on a good day have 90ml mins, on a bad 45. And whenever he wakes I just give him maximum 2hrs until next nap time otherwise he will be a terror, like yesterday when my mum had him and he didn't sleep all day, so he woke every hour last night :-l

Also, sometimes he doesn't even seem tired but he will still go down iykwim, he might niggle for about 5 mins or need his milk to drop off but a lot of the time lately it'll have only been 90 mins awake time and he's rubbig his eyes or yawning.

Hope this makes some sort of sense, sorry if I've just recapped what the other girls have said xx

I'm doing a similar thing to little miss.

Naps are between 8.30-9 for up to 45 mins
Between 11.45-12 for up to 2hrs 30 mins
Between 4.30-5 for up to 30 mins.

I don't let her do more than 3 hours 30mins usually in a day though.,she has improved in temperament significantly since we started doing this, though it is a ballache because I can barely leave the house!

junior does the exact same lou..sometimes he'll do an hour at 9.30 though

Harrison plays hard/sleeps hard!! He goes between 2 and 3 hours between sleeps but then normally sleeps for 2 hours or so!! It all depends on when he wakes up really sometimes he wakes at 5 other times 6 so it is 3 hours after that when he has his first nap!!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back