Naming Ceremony

beanie

Reaction score
Has anyone had one of these? We are hoping to have a naming cermeny for Seren but I have no idea where to start. Can you have one in a registary office, we have a lovely one near us right by a park and I would love to have it there. Then though about maybe having a party afterwards, if we can get it in the summer we could have a massive barbeque. Any help would be appreciated. :D

sorry I dont know anything about it, but wanted to say it sounds like a lovely idea, our registry office is also near a nice park!

What is a Bespoke Naming Ceremony?
A Bespoke Naming Ceremony is a very special way of celebrating the birth of your child and welcoming the new arrival into the family and the wider community. It's also an opportunity to declare, before family and friends, your promise to be as good a parent as you can, and for adult friends or relatives to confirm their special relationship with your child. It's a unique occasion for everyone to feel involved as they pledge their love and support for your child's future development.

What happens at the Ceremony?
This is entirely up to you, your occasion can be as simple or as elaborate as you like. We will send you a Bespoke Ceremony Pack containing a large number of choices, ideas and options. Pick out all the choices that appeal to you and we will use them to create a complete ceremony to meet your wishes.

just found this aswell, its sounds really nice

cheers hun that link is great. you're a star xxxx

We're holding a naming ceremony for Damien in the summer (when the weather is nice!), as neither me or Mark are christians (Mark is brought up CofE but isnt a churc h goer). We're just having a big BBQ and a celebration of his safe arrival, and a big party for those who haven't yet met him in our families, to come over and meet him. :)

Me and my OH are thinking about this too.

He is Catholic and would really like Phoebe to be baptized but I'm really not sure about the whole religion thing. Don't know enough about it to jump in and have her baptized.

We were pretty much going to do what Sami has said but I'd like to get someone qualified/professional round to do the ceremony bit :lol:

We could have a joint one Carly!! (saves on pennies!) :lol: Get them bespoked for marriage in 18 years time too hahaha

I could have sworn I posted to this topic...Didn't I?

Sue

Tiny Sue said:
I could have sworn I posted to this topic...Didn't I?

Sue

You expect me to remember that... I struggle with who I am most days :wink: :D

:think: Where'd my post go? The only thing I can think of is that I pressed preview instead of submit...weird.

Anyhoo...I was just saying that over here, most primary schools are Catholic, and so the teachers ( me included I'm afraid) have to prepare children for sacraments as well as teach all the other subjects. But anyway, my sister got a nice surprise the other day when her friend's little brother who hadn't been baptised was being baptised at the age of 8 so that he wouldn't be left out and make his communion with the rest of the class. Her friend asked her to be the little lad's godmother!

I've never been a godmother. :( I'd be yours beanie if you wanted! *L* Maybe I'll have to be christened a third time then!

Be thankful you're not part of a baptist congregation or they'd be asking you to bring your swimsuit! :lol:

Sue

yup, that's it, I got my threads mixed up. I'm such a scatterbrain these days. :roll:

Hehe let me know and I'll turn up, candle in hand!

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back