1st birthday party ideas

mermaid

Reaction score
As we didn't have a naming ceremony or anything when LO was born, I want to plan a special 1st birthday party hopefully at the village hall. (I know we have a few months yet!) Does anyone have any ideas for entertaining the children who will be a range of ages. I don't want to overwhelm the babies with too much loud noise, but would have liked to hire a magician or something! :D

When Jake turns 1 we will probably hire the church hall and hire some soft play, a ball pool or a bouncy castle to put in it. Go to www.yell.com and search for something like childrens entertainers, bouncy castle, or soft play in your area and see what comes up.

Ooh soft play sounds a good idea, as long as it is ok for the older children. :D

For Naomi's birthday we had one little friend over, had a birthday cake, her nana and grandad on OH side and her two girl cousins. We had sweets for the older kids and a video and a family tea for the adults. Naomi had her first taste of chocolate that day and was in bed before everyone went home.

OH and I felt that she's only one, why make a big deal that she won't remember? The people who mattered and the people who love her were there, and that's reflected in the photos without spending an arm and a leg.

We'll probably do the same for her second birthday. Don't see the sense in big parties.

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back