Names when married

I'm not taking OH's name if we ever get...I won't say married cause I'm not for a traditional marriage anyway....but I won't be taking his name. We've double barrelled it for Willow, and she can do what she likes when she's older, but I don't see any reason to change my name. :D

I'll take OH's name, then we will all have the same name! :)

My Surname is Holly, and when/if we have a girl, thats what we are going to call her, my father never had any boys, and Im not to kean on the surname, but I do like it as a 1st name.

ds already has OH's surname, and this LO will too. We plan to get married at some point and I'll take his name then too. If we're not married by the time ds starts school I'm going to change my name so that we all have the same surname. I'm a bit of a traditionalist.

If I was in your situation I'd probably pick a family name from his side you both like and both change to that maybe?

Last edited:
if i got married id probley take OH's surname, then id be the same as the kids too :)

Im going to have mine and OH's. Ellie & ava have those names too.

Im in the process of changing my name on everything now because i've taken Richard's surname. Thea already had it and i wanted to have the same name as my daughter :)

I was the same as most people have said i took on hubby's name so we would all have the same surname :D

ugh this is what is kinda getting me with getting married next year.

i have a surname that i LOVE. so many people when they hear it ask where it comes from. (Originally Belgium). To give you an idea, if you think of the artist (van gogh) but change the gogh for a european capital city (lets say france for the hell of it :wink: ) then that's my surname.

i love it! it's so different and unique! i would love to keep it. all 3 children have my name. i didnt want them to have a different name from me. now my oh's name is woodacre.

now i would like to double barrel the two names. but im not sure if its too much of a mouthful to do that?

I took his, :roll: my maiden name was long anyway so thought I would marry a smith or something short, no got the longest name possible i think :lol:

it can be a bit confusing having different name to yr child- i got a double dentist app later this month for myself and melissa, and i had a fone call last monday from the receptionist to say it was postponed for some reason- i said fine- the next day the same fone call i got for melissa! my appointment had been moved but not hers! they said "oh, didnt realise you were related" LOL i was like yes she's my daughter, she's only one year old she cant come by herself :lol:

i do sometimes get called mrs. b------ as i spose people just assume we're married so i just answer to that just as i would answer to miss s------- it makes no difference to me lol its quite fun really i feel all grown up and sophisticated getting called mrs. b------! and sometimes if im picking up a scrip for my boyf or something i just refer to him as my husband as its easier, plus theyre less likely to shoo me off with data protection :roll:

CoreysMummy said:
I'll take OH's name, then we will all have the same name! :)

My Surname is Holly, and when/if we have a girl, thats what we are going to call her, my father never had any boys, and Im not to kean on the surname, but I do like it as a 1st name.

I have that kinda thing too, my surname sounds like Nicole and i LOVE that name!! I think i'd seriously have considered calling Tally Nicole if we'd had a differnt surname and thats kinda why i wanna change it as well.

I wondered about changing it to my mums maidan name as she's one of 4 girls so theres no boys to continue the name on, mentioned it to Dave but i think we'll change to something new.

I definately want us to be Mr and Mrs ........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back