Nail cutting

pinkymum

Reaction score
I've always found it quite difficult to cut Emily's nails but the last few weeks it's been even harder. I always do it when she's sleeping as she'd never let me when she's awake and I'd end up hurting her. Now I can't get to her nails at all and they're really long. She sleeps on her tummy and if I try to turn her she just turns back again. I've just tried for the third time tonight and each time she just moves her hands away and wriggles about a lot. Any tips at all ladies? She's started to grab and scratches my face and her own and it's really sore. Also toe nails? Can't get to them either?

My oh is great at cutting los nails so he usually does it! Hes really fast atnit and keeps lo entertained at he same time....im rubbish soI tend to bite them off!

My oh is great at cutting los nails so he usually does it! Hes really fast atnit and keeps lo entertained at he same time....im rubbish soI tend to bite them off!

I'm single so I thinkni may need to get my mum or a friend to help me out :lol:

my OH bit them off!! i've heard lots of times that it is the safest way to do it and he done a good job. ur LO is a fair bit older though so don't know if you would be able to do it while she is awake? xx

I still can't bring myself to use nail scissors lol, I use a file and file them down

I bite Los nails whilst I'm feeding her :) she's so busy scranning she doesn't notice! Can't quite bring myself to bite her toenails tho lol so file those....don't trust myself with scissors!

Find biting easier as you can feel how low down your biting with your tongue so less likely to hurt them x

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

I bite Ella's or file them down, they seem to grow back really quickly though!!

Biting probs is quite a good way but I just cant do it, it makes me cringe. I'm having problems too, got scissors but last time I used them when LO was awake & I cut him by mistake (didn't think u could with those scissors) need to try when asleep.

:roll:

I don't even think I could file them at this stage she honestly never stays still. Hmmmm there's bound to be a way, can't be the only one with this problem and a very wriggly child!
:lol:

My friend cut her nails today while she was at their house being entertained by her two little ones. Thunk I'll send her their twice a week :lol:

I cut Jack's nails while he's laying on his changing unit, i'm lucky that he just lets me cut them but I find if I dangle my necklace over him while I do it ( I stand at the head of the changing unit so it dangles over his face, not on his face obviously lol) he watches the necklace and keeps a bit more still. Can't offer anymore advice than that x

I cut Jack's nails while he's laying on his changing unit, i'm lucky that he just lets me cut them but I find if I dangle my necklace over him while I do it ( I stand at the head of the changing unit so it dangles over his face, not on his face obviously lol) he watches the necklace and keeps a bit more still. Can't offer anymore advice than that x

Claire I can't use my cot top changer anymore, it's just too risky. My friend has two litre ones and she couldn't believe how fast Emily rolls, she really gets about rolling and pulling herself round in circles. Maybe restraints?!?!? :lol:

hey,
I just use baby nail clippers and go for it lol....I hold LO on my lap, hold hands tight or feet which ever I'm doing and go for gold!! Im a HCA looking after dementia patients so pretty used to having to cut nails very quick. You just gotta go for it pinky mum xxx xxxx

I've had a horrible Experience with nail Clippers where I accidentally made my baby bleed. Twice. So now I use a baby nail file and do it whenever... X

I think I've read on here a few times not to use nail clippers so always thought I wasn't supposed to but my friend used them the other day to cut E's nails. Her partner and her two little ones were distracting her while my friend cut them. Think I'll need to find a good way of distracting her and then just get them done quickly.
HopefulM - I nipped Emily's skin twice when she was tiny and made her bleed - I felt awful as well!

I was still crying when he'd it over it long before! He was only really little! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back