Nail care..

nori

Reaction score
HI All,

Ollie looks like he's been in a fight at the moment as he keeps scratching himself. He literally claws at his face when hes asleep. I dont want to put scratch mits on him as i want him to find his thumb so we can ditch the dummy (which is driving me insane). Im always filing them but im clearly missing something. I dont want to cut them or clip them as he is a right fidget and i dont trust myself.

What do you ladies do?

Claire x

I cut Maia's with clippers but when she was really young I used to bite them off, much easier

I use clippers with charlie, its not too bad actually although i have to do it once a week! Im trying encourage charlie 2 suck his thumb too, he sucks it a bit during the day now. Dont tell dh but i put teething gel on it to coax him into sucking it! X

Dylans also terrible for this, i kept him in scratch mits because i daren't cut them. but last week as i was feedingghim and he was quite still i was able to just eel them off could you do that whilst giving him a bottle? or get OH to if you havnt got a hand free. i find it so much easier to do whem im well into a feed when hes a bit drowzy or you could even use clippers at this time? Ollie might be relaxed enough not to fight you. i peeled his nails down as much as would be comfortable for him and although he always digs his fingers into his fac, we've had no scratches since :D

Liam got a couple of scratches on his face too.

His nails grow like weeds at the min.

I have the baby nail clippers and scissors but every time i go to cut them i get too scared.

I have to file them and the only time i can do it (or when he allows me to do it without tucking his fingers tightly into the palm of his hand) is when he is having his nap.

Earlier on he went into a really deep sleep and was actually snoring :) so i managed to file them down then.

As for biting them, ugh i couldn't :puke:.

Hope you are ok hun :hug: :hug: :hug: xxxx

I cut Isla when shes having a nap...she doesnt know Im doing it! Stealthy! :D

I always do Eden's when she is asleep, it's the only way I can do them! She is far too lively and wriggly to do it when she is awake :roll: She usually goes to bed awake even for naps, but at least once a week we have a little cuddle together and I let her nap on my lap for exactly this purpose. I prop her head on some cushions when I remove my arm from behind her, so I can use both hands, one to hold her hand still and the other to cut with! I have used both baby scissors and clippers, but tbh find the clippers much easier, and at least they arent sharp like scissors just in case she flinches :) Have managed it this way with both my babies, and as yet, havent had any accidents :pray:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I lie Amber on my lap to do hers, she doesn't mind actually! Shes quite good when I do it and lies still and just smiles at me! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back