8 week jabs..

nori

Reaction score
Hi All,

Ollie couldnt have his jabs last week as he had a slight temperature so i'm having them tomorrow. I really am dreading it! Im fine with any jabs if its me as im used to it but i hate the thought of him having them (doesnt help that my OH is a complete wuss!) I think its cos you cant explain whats happening to them (i used to be the same with my cat..lol)

So is there anything i should be prepared for?

Claire x

Aw hun, every Mummy feels exactly the same - I would have willingly taken them for DD! Its horrible, but it doesn't last long.

Some people give calpol to dull the pain of the actual jab (needle is really big), but personally I don't really like giving medicine unless really necessary and only gave it for MMR jab recently.

Good luck, maybe take a bottle with you to feed him while he's being jabbed? My HV always advised me to breastfeed DD while she jabbed.

Valentine Xxx

We have ours next week!

Just think..Ollie will never remember this, he will probably forget by the time you leave the surgery! It will be fine :hug:

We're back.. he was a good boy. He didnt flinch for the first one but the second one stings and he cried his little heart out. Kept looking at me with tears in his eyes. How mums cope with porrly babies is amazing.. must be so hard. I'm not afraid of any blood tests myself but i was so nervous this morning.

I gave him some calpol like the HV said and he seemed to love that.. I fancied a bit myself! He's now playing and smiling in his bouncy chair.. thank god thats it for a few weeks!

Claire x

Aw I hate jabs!!! Fraser's got his in 2 weeks and I don't want to take him :( Having said that I wouldn't want anyone else to take him either!

Glad Ollie coped well, I hope he stays happy but don't worry if he does get a bit grumpy today of tomorrow, it's perfectly normal :) :hug:

maybebaby said:
Aw I hate jabs!!! Fraser's got his in 2 weeks and I don't want to take him :( Having said that I wouldn't want anyone else to take him either!

Glad Ollie coped well, I hope he stays happy but don't worry if he does get a bit grumpy today of tomorrow, it's perfectly normal :) :hug:

We've had a grumpy stage now! I spoke too soon!

maybebaby said:

We've had a grumpy stage now! I spoke too soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back