Mystical protection for your baby (?)

Clarissa77

Reaction score
OK, I almost feel like I need to defend myself from the start: I’m not some spiritual fanatic, and the closest I’ve come to tree-hugging is recycling my newspapers.

The thing is, I’m in my first trimester, and (ashamed as I am to say this), every now and then I get really worried about what would happen if things go wrong… Maybe it’s the hormones starting to change (and yes, I do the breathing exercises etc), but I’m anything but calm.

In any case, last week (very stealthily, when hubby was away), I ordered an Amulet, and I did it without telling any of my rational friends lest they think that I (with the reputation of being “oh rational one” myself), have gone round the bend. An Amulet is basically a small pouch with a scroll from mystical Kabbalah scripts, and is meant to protect you during your pregnancy, and also your baby once born (you can google it for more details).

I’m no Madonna, but I followed the instructions on the Amulet to the letter, and somehow feel better now. I don’t know if it’s the amulet’s mystical powers, or my own sense of “oh, at least I’ve done something”, but I suppose it’s like an insurance policy. You buy it “just in case”. If it doesn’t work, I’ve wasted a few quid, if it does, I may have just saved my pregnancy, you know what I mean.

Please give me some encouragement (or tell me that I’m mad) or tell me you bought one as well, and that you’re proud of it – or something to that extent.

Does anyone else have spiritual outlets they turn to? What’s the score on rational women going wonky?

Keep safe and do your pelvic clock exercises!

Love,

Clarissa. xxx

Hiya Clarrisa.

I had never heard of this before to be totally honest. If it makes you feel better than I think that its great. Certainly dont mean you going wonky either!! You just want the best & you will try anything.

Because I had a miscarriage in 2003 this pregnancy has been a total nightmare and I live day to day to be honest. I thought once I got past 12 weeks I would be better but NOPE. Thought once I had heard little beanies heart Beat that I would feel better NOPE. I cant make plans or even think about the end result of a baby just incase..Im scared Ill jinx it.
So I understand 100% why you felt the need to find something else. Reading this you would guess this was my first eh?, well..no this will be my sixth baby. I have Five very healthy children, most of which are teenagers now. So im being totally irrational, but I cant help it.

Good Luck with your pregnancy
Love Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxx

I think its a great idea, even if it dosent work, it will in a way as its caused you you relax and stop stressing which is in its self a help.

So hey what ever works for you!
Congrats by the way and hope all goes well for you and ickle bump

Hi,

don't worry- it's totally natural. I'm not a religious person with a big R but I am a spiritual person but I'm quite skeptical as well. A close friend of mine died suddenly aged 27 last year and I was so upset by it that I went on a Reiki course and did my Reiki 1 in order to try and give myself some healing as I felt like there was a huge hole inside. It's funny because even though I was really skeptical and still am I can feel a warmth coming from my hands when I use Reiki on myself and my pet rat loves it! (Husband won't let me "do" him- hmph!) I feel much better after I've given myself Reiki and frankly if it's all in my head which it may well be I don't care because it makes me feel calm, relaxed and soothed and that's what I need! I've been sending my baby Reiki too, lying down with my hands on my tum and this is really relaxing and makes me feel less powerless in what is a pretty scary journey over which we've got not much control. You go for it in whatever way you like- if it's not harming anyone and it makes you feel better then it's working and that's enough for me!

+++

I'm not a tree-hugger or devout nuuter but I do beleive amulets have very strong mgical properties. Amulets come in all shapes, sizes, stones, iron castings, anything blessed and sacred.

I'm glad it has given you a cause to relax!! They are wortha few bob to keep your mind at rest.

Hey I'm not religiously fanatical either. I'm Catholic, but probably not as devout as some. I haven't been to Mass half as often as i should in the last while...

However, I have started praying a lot more. I also asked God one night to see if he could contact my mother and send her to talk to me in a dream (she died four years ago).
I am a rational woman with a fairly high IQ. However, I have always been drawn to the spiritual side of things and I think that, as Hamlet said, "there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy".

My mother did come and talk to me in a dream that night. And she has done so before. Hallowe'en night occurred right in the middle of our honeymoon, while we were staying on a storm-wracked Tahitian island. That might I dreamt of my mother, laughing at the gate of our house at home, and telling me quite firmly, "you can expect children, my girl".

As I said, I am rational and sane. But I believe that she did talk to me.

So no, I don't think you're crazy...I think that whatever makes you feel better is fine, so long as it doesn't hurt or exploit someone else.

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back