normal for symptoms to come and go??

Suzie

Reaction score
I’m in my 8th week. I wrote last week that I was suffering from cramps/period like pains. I managed to get myself round to the idea that this was normal! I don’t have them much now, just twinges here and there which I suppose is fine. However my paranoia continues! I don’t feel that sick anymore, I’m not as tired as I was however I’ve still got sore boobs (at their sorest during the night). I haven’t had mid wife appointment yet (next week). However I asked if I could get early scan but they didn’t seem keen to do this unless I have bleeding or severe pain, which I don’t but I feel like I’m making myself go mad with worry! I just can’t seem to relax and enjoy it at all. Can someone please put my mind at rest and tell me if it’s normal not to feel pregnant some days and that symptoms come and go??
Thank you
:roll:

Hi, I don't think you've got too much to worry about. My tiredness and nausea disappeared for a few days a couple of weeks ago. The bad news is that when it did return, it returned with a vengeance!! I felt awful for a week and could barely stay awake! Today I'm feeling much better again.

I know it's difficult, but try not to get stressed out, I'm sure it's fine. The midwife will be able to put you more at ease when you see her.

Cloughie, thanks very much for your reply. I'll know i should try and relax but it's so difficult! I just want to know everything is ok! God knows what i'll be like when i get nearer my scan date - i'll be climbing the walls or in a straight jacket haha!
Glad you're feeling better. I'm hoping to feel or be sick again sometime soon!!
Thanks again for your advice, much appreciated.
:angel: x

I won't even get a scan until I'm 20 weeks! :(

Let us know how you get on with the midwife. Good luck with feeling sick again!!??!! :? :lol:

my symptoms came and went all the time... i got period type pains one day the next nothing... i would feel sick in the stomach one day the next okay... some days i would be yawning my head off and others rushing around... my nips did feel sensitive thou till around week 20... but one would be okay the other sensitive... i really wouldn't worry too much about symptoms... if you've done a pregnany test and got those 2 lines or little blue cross (which ever test you did) then you can relax and tell yourself your pregnant.... I know how you feel thou! i was a worrier... i know now i was worrying over nothing! I was a nervous wreck going for my 12 weeks scan in ase the baby had disapeared... we all go through it! its normal to feel like this... If you notice any bleeding then call your GP.. if not then enjoy being pregnant..

x

Hi Suzie,
I know exactly how you are feeling right now. I'm just over 8 wks too and not had many symptoms. I've had slight nausea which made me feel like crap but has disappeared now, sore nips which aren't too bad (come and go), but the mood swings - way hey!!! I had some quite bad pains the other day which I've also convinced myself are quite normal and my body is just adjusting, but apart from this I really don't feel PG. I can't wait for my first scan just to prove there really is a baby there, but also waitng for someone to tell me it's all in my head, never mind the 2 positives. Anyway good luck and enjoy. If you want to chat, email me.
Emma

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back