My scans

Serendipity_

Reaction score
Well, I had my scan on the 22nd Dec where I thought I was 12 weeks, and I wasn't, I was only 9 weeks....Had my letter today come through for my 20 week scan which is on the March 9th.....I'm just a bit apprehensive that if something is wrong, then I have to wait two months or so until I have a scan......... Will I be able to have another? Not seeing my midwife for another week or so :think:

My dating scan was scheduled for Nov 27th - what I thought was 10w5d, but they put me back a week to 9w5d. My next scan will be Feb 19th when I'll be 22 weeks, which is nearly three months after my last one :cry: If they dated you from the first one, then you won't get another one unless you have problems (which hopefully you won't!)

I considered having a private scan done, but the time has passed so quickly since my dating scan, I think I'm just going sit tight and wait. I do feel a little anxious about not having seen flipper for so long though, but then I just feel lucky that I've had no need for any extra scans.

If you want reassurance, maybe it would be worth investing in a doppler to listen to bubba's heartbeat? Although not everyone can manage to find it, so it might end up having the opposite effect! :wall:

Chopsie said:
My dating scan was scheduled for Nov 27th - what I thought was 10w5d, but they put me back a week to 9w5d. My next scan will be Feb 19th when I'll be 22 weeks, which is nearly three months after my last one :cry: If they dated you from the first one, then you won't get another one unless you have problems (which hopefully you won't!)

I considered having a private scan done, but the time has passed so quickly since my dating scan, I think I'm just going sit tight and wait. I do feel a little anxious about not having seen flipper for so long though, but then I just feel lucky that I've had no need for any extra scans.

If you want reassurance, maybe it would be worth investing in a doppler to listen to bubba's heartbeat? Although not everyone can manage to find it, so it might end up having the opposite effect! :wall:

I've got a doppler which is reassuring, I just now need to steal a scanning machine from the hospital as I really want to see the baby again.

Guess I'll just have to wait like everyone else :oops:

Doubt you will get another, sorry :( :hug:

I had my 1st scan at 8 weeks 5 days and I diddn't get another until I was 19 weeks which should of been my 20 week scan but it's the only appointment I could get around that time.

They call it the 12 week scan because thats roughly the time your supposed to have it to date the pregnancy but if it's done before 12 weeks then they just class that as your dating scan. In my notes it doesn't say anything about being 12 week scan or 20 week scan is just says dating, (that word beggining with A scan, can't remember it sorry lol) and growth scans and they say they should be done roughly between such a date and such a date... :hug:

At least you have your doppler and the MW will start listening to the HB at every appointment and measuring your tum to see if it's growing at a nice rate too...so it's not all waiting for scans :hug:

Hi serendipity

You live very close to me. I'll be havng my baby at Russells Hall Hospital and i only got 2 scans with Jess. But i payed for a 4D one in solihull so i could see her again.

We will have to steal that machine together. I'll create the divert while you push it out :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back