MY RESULTS ARE FINALLY HERE!!!

Fingers crossed

Reaction score
The nice postie brough me a nice Xmas prezzie this morning, mine and OH's results :D , the last post before Crimbo.

OH's results - His semen analysis showed a count of 16.2 million sperms per ml with 62% motility. The motility is above the required 50%, and his count is slightly lower (normal is above 20 million). So they've sent another pot for him to do another sample. Trouble was the trip to hospital was 45 minutes, so could this be the reason why it was lower :think:, so he can't see the point of doing another one just to be told the same. But I've said to him to take the vitamins, selenium, zinc and folic acid to get the spermies going.

My results - Good news for me, I'm immune to rubella and have NOT had any exposure to Chlamydia :dance: . So it's unlikely my tubes are blocked. So my consultant has sent a letter to my GP to arrange for me to pick up a prescription for Chlomid. Because of my absence os periods I've been given 5 tablets called Provera to help induce a bleed (they actually sent these in the post too), then on day 2 of the bleed I have to take the Chlomid til day 6. Then on day 21 I have to go for a blood test to check progesterone levels and have to have another blood test on day 28 if I've not come on by then, and if I have come on to start the Chlomid cycle again :D . I'm so happy now I get the results back, apart from an Xmas BFP this is the best prezzie I could get.

So now the trouble is the timing, because of Xmas I wont be able to pick up my Chlomid just yet. And me and OH are going on holiday on the 21st January for 3 weeks, so I wont be able to start the Chlomid til we get back because of having day 21 and possibly day 28 blood tests :( so should be starting my Chlomid cycle around the middle of February. I dont really want to take the Provera whilst we're away cos I got a feeling the induced bleed will be very heavy and painful and I don't want to be liken that on holiday. :cheer: :cheer: oooo I'm so happy now

Thats great..glad you've finally got some results and something to do to help.

As for your OH's sperm count the distance from the hospital shouldn't affect this, its only possible that this would have an impact on the motility. So it is worth doing the 2nd test to see if it was just a blip.

Goodluck

hiya

i am glad you finally got your results back and canm start to move on. Good luck for the new year!!! :hug:

woohoo ! at last !

having results is great isnt , really gives u something to focus on ! good luck on the pills and getting u first af in ages ! i expect she prob will really let u know what u've been missing lol

WoooHoooo!
w00t!

Congrats - what great news. :hug:

Here's to a happy and hopefuly 07 :dance:

Hi

Thats such great news so glad to hear !!
I wish you all the best and lets hope early next year you will finally get a BFP

Katrina

really glad you got them back before xmas- lets hope you get an early BFP next year! :hug:

glad you had good news..well worth doing second test so you know for sure whats going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back