Pcos and chlomid

Positive37

Reaction score
Hi .... New to this thread. Have pcos and on month 3 of chlomid 100mg. My last day 22 Blood test showed levels of 50 for progesterone where as month 2 it was 15.

Does this mean i Have ovulated.......?

My confussion right now is what is the best time of the month to be really ' active' . My consultant says that 5days after the last chlomid we should try for a week. Does everyone ovulate at same time on chlomid. I am thinking not?

My cycle lately has been between 36 and 41 days.

Would be great to talk to snyone on chlomid etc....

God bless us all

Nicky xxxx

I'm not on Clomid yet hun but you always get your period 14 days after you OV so it's likely you will have OV'd around CD 26-36 so it would make sense to BD around days 20-35, if you use OPKs then you will be able to predict your ovulation day more precisely.

It would make sense to BD from CD 5 if you OV early but not if you don't OV until later.

If you don't have much look with OPKs you could get your doc to scan your follicles.

Good luck with everything.

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

xx

Hey guys

I also have PCOS and am about to start clomid for the first time. Did you try metformin first? Just wondering as you have PCOS? I was meant to start that before Clomid and they say that metformin/clomid combined have the best results but unfortunately my weight was slightly too low for metformin (metformin makes your weight drop apparently).

so what happens when you start clomid? Do you have to have blood tests through it?

x x

Level 50 progesterone means that you should have ovulated it is a nice high number. As Maybe mentioned having sex 5 days after your last clomid tablet is only good if you have a normal 28 day cycle and ovulate around day 14, as your cycles are longer then you need to be having sex later in your cycle.

My cycles are varied, but I usually start having sex around CD 10 and every other day after that, or until I get a positive OPK.

Lara _ M - I was not offered metformin as my BMI is ok, I think it is generally used for ladies who have a high BMI. I am on my second clomid cycle, the first I had blood tests on CD 21 and this cycle I have bloods and a scan. You should get your bloods checked at the very least.

Level 50 progesterone means that you should have ovulated it is a nice high number. As Maybe mentioned having sex 5 days after your last clomid tablet is only good if you have a normal 28 day cycle and ovulate around day 14, as your cycles are longer then you need to be having sex later in your cycle.

My cycles are varied, but I usually start having sex around CD 10 and every other day after that, or until I get a positive OPK.

Lara _ M - I was not offered metformin as my BMI is ok, I think it is generally used for ladies who have a high BMI. I am on my second clomid cycle, the first I had blood tests on CD 21 and this cycle I have bloods and a scan. You should get your bloods checked at the very least.

thanks for this info - this is all really new territory for me. How long are your longest and shortest cycles? Mine can go as long as 65 days :( x

My longest cycle was around 120 days and my shortest was 37 and that was my first after stopping the pill, they just got longer each time.

On my first clomid cycle it was a 39/40 day cycle.

Currently on my second cycle and I have only just ovulated (according to my opks) so I am looking at a 50 day cycle.

Good luck with your clomid, it does have very good success rates, I think its something like 70% of women taking it will ovulate and between 50% and 20% of that will get pregnant.

Just be prepared for the hot flushes they aren't very nice!!

Last edited:
Hot flushes? Hmmm, no that doesn't sounds pleasant. Can I ask you another thing though. after you stopped the pill, in teh cycles you has before the clomid, were you actually ovulating? What did they said about your blood results and ovulation? x

* duplicated *

Last edited:
Unfortunately clomid has some very nasty side effects, hot flushes seem to be the most common, Mine usually start about a week after my last tablet. I also had headaches, tummy pain and insomnia.

Everyone reacts different although I have a few side effects they are not as bad as they could be.

Everytime I have had blood tests or scans they always show no ovulation, but I think that has a lot to do with them being done based on a 28 day cycle and my cycles are much longer, that is why opks are a must for me.

Do you do anything to track your ovulation?

Also another good tip is to buy some preseed lubrication you can get it from eBay, as clomid can dry up your natural mucas which makes it harder for the sperm to get where they need to be.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back