My poor little man has got his first cold :-(

Amanda

Reaction score
I knew it was coming. :( Kayleigh had it last week, I've been full of it since Saturday, and Charlie came down with it yesterday. He is so full of snot and mucus that his breathing rattles. :( He has been up half the night with it. Because of the mucus, he is taking half a bottle for his feed, then throwing it back up. Then he's not interested in the rest of the bottle for an hour or so. But then he wakes up screaming in pain because he's so hungry. Luckily I'd bought some nasal drops when I got my cold remedies over the weekend as I thought he would catch it, so I'm managing to keep his nasal passages clear enough for him to feed okay, but he just sounds and looks so poorly. :( He woke at 4 this morning, but wasn't hungry, just wanted a cry. So I laid down next to him on the sofa, and although he fell back asleep, he was wimpering with every breath. I just laid there with him until he woke up hungry again. He's just screamed the whole car journey home from the school run, but has now fallen sleep again. I just hope he gets over it soon. :(

Aww, bless him. Its horrible when they have the cold so young. Joe also has the cold and I didnt think I could give him anything. The only thing I have given is calpol and thats only because NHS direct said I could give a wee drop, but that was when he had a fever.

What did you give him and where can I get it, its his nose thats bothering him too and affecting the feeding.

I hope your house is cold free soon, its not good when it rattles round everyone.

I bought Nasosal on the advise of the pharmasist in Boots. It's only £2.99, but I've found out since that you can get it on prescription. You just put 1-2 drops down each nostril. I sort of balance Charlie on my knees with his head back a bit, then drop then in. They don't bother him much, but have made him sneeze!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back