My nipple is bleeding :(

Bluebell

Reaction score
My nipples are so sore, cracked and one is bleeding :(
MW came a couple of days ago and said I had correct position and attachment. I can't feed through the pain anymore :( I was in tears and sent dh out for formula - he came back with formula and flowers! I now have started to express as far less pain.
Not sure where to go from here now? Will ds take breast again now? Any advice needed?

Aw, big hugs lovely.

That can't be nice having bleeding nips :( are you using one booby per feed? this will give the other one time to recover. have you got some Lansinoh? Smear it on straight after a feed. I found that roughly 6hrs between feeds (one booby per feed) and using the Lansinoh helped a lot for me.

If it gets really bad you can express.

I doubt that the odd formula feed will ruin your breastfeeding but it should be kept to a minimum to avoid your supply dropping too much.

Hang in there, it gets easier xxx

Tor has said pretty much exactly what I wants to say. Big hug hun x

Your latch is probably wrong hun, it took 4 midviwes to tell me that. Is there a BFing group near you?
Also agree re Lansinoh and giving some rest. Its really tough in the beginning.
I know some women use nipple shields for a bit to help

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Nipple shields!!!!!!!!!

I nearly gave up with the pain, lo latch was fine just so bloody strong! She could snap concrete with her mouth I'm sure!!!

I have used nipple shields non stop since she was about 2 weeks old, now 7 and we have no problem, it will still hurt a little until it heals do def get the cream!

Mw don't like nipple shields but if it wasn't for them I would of given up! I express and lo takes a bottle too as and when we need her to...

Don't give up just yet! The best are advent with a cut out part for skin to skin, come in different sizes x

Lansinoh and nipple shields.
Use the shields until your nipples heal and them remove them as soon as you can.
Let lots of air get to your nipples and rub in some milk after every feed x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back