My Loss Update

CrazyJaney

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm struggling today. I'm finding now, 2 weeks on from my miscarriage that it's getting a bit more difficult. I am finding that my friends are just not asking me about it now. As if ot didn't happen. So, I figured you guys wouldn't mind me letting it all out!

I went in for my follow up scan at EPU today. I'm still bleeding a little but found that is because there is still a tiny bit left. Apparently it'll come out eventually and I don't need to go back. Suppose this is good news but now it all seems so final. I got upset there because it just reminded me of the previous two times I had been there only to be told bad news.

I'm now wondering whether I will ever have a child. I don't think I could bear it if I didn't.

I'm not getting any younger (nearly 33) and I am in a bit of a difficult situation to most in that I'm single. This pregnancy came as a bit of a shock and was not planned. Was still very much wanted though. It also made me realise how much I want a child.

I just can't stop crying now about the two I have lost and the thought it may never happen to me. I fully intend to do it the proper way next time and actually meet a man that I want to share this experience with. It isn't that easy though and I'm not the type to settle for anyone.

Sorry this post is so long, I'm just really feeling sorry for myself.

Never apologise for posting in here Hun, it really will help to talk about it, and we are all here ready to listen.

33 is a normal age nowadays hun, and not pushing anywhere near the end of baby days, so you really do have plenty of time for this. Re the single bit- When you have recovered fully, why don't you try a new circle of friends, or a hobby that you would like to meet a man with the same common interest, even if just once a week, if you find it hard then this may be an easier way. I mat my husband throu being mates and playing ice hockey together, we he was also the coach, so it really does work, and a much more relaxing way that dates.

You really will get there Hun, it just seems a long way off at the momment:hug:

Ahhh, thanks a lot you two.

I'm going to London tomorrow for a couple of days as a treat to see some theatre. I purposely booked it the day after my follow up. I sensed it might leave me feeling a little low.

How are you doing MrsMc, hope all is kind of getting easier xx

aww lots of hugs and kisses for you hope your feeling better soon xxxxx

Just wanted to send you some :hug:s

As JJ Mum said, 33 is so normal for having kids now - I'm 31 and was the first of most of my friends to have kids, and some are still planning to work for a few more years before they think about starting families.

I'm so sorry for your losses :hug: x

Hi hon,

So sorry for what ur going through. If it's any consolation, I'm 33 and had a mc in Jan and am now 20 weeks pregnant so please, please don't worry about your age. It's an awful thing to deal with and it is hard when people stop asking how you are. We're all here if u need us hon. Thinking of u xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back