My long weekend stay at the bloody hospital................

ASD123456

Reaction score
Well what a weekend it was............. at about 6.00 on Saturday evening I decided to go to the bathroom just before we were going to sit down to eat. When I wiped there was quite a bit of red blood. Having had a really light bleed on the Monday before I was worried. Called the hospital and they asked me to come straight in, no dinner for me then.

Got there and got seen by a midwife straight away who put me on the CTG monitor and said the doctor wouldn’t be long. Me and OH were talking and joking away at this point and I wasn’t worried, I though I’d be out within the hour.

The doctor came and did an internal which showed blood at my cervix. She then told me I was going to have to be admitted as an in patient and that I would be there for at least 24 hours but more likely 48 hours. She then started talking about steroid injections for the babies lungs, this is when I started to worry and realise this wasn’t just something. When I got to the ward I was so shocked that I just burst out crying, it was horrible. I had to have an Anti-d due to my rhesus negative blood, my second of the week, and then had my first lot of steroid injections for the babies lungs and then got the second 24 hours later.

OH went to collect me some stuff, I had nothing prepared so I just had to give him a list from my head on the spot. When he got back he wasn’t allowed to stay so left for the night. It was awful and the lady next to me was the loudest snorer ever so I didn’t get any sleep the whole time I was there.

The doctors really didn’t tell me much, there isn’t really a reason for the bleeding at this point. They did say there is a high chance the baby will arrive before 40 weeks and if I get any pain, blood, tightening or anything that doesn’t feel right I must go back to the hospital.

They discharged me this afternoon and I’ve just arrived home thank god, I’m so glad to be home. I just hope baby stays put for a good few more weeks yet. I’ve missed loads out of this story but theres so much to remember.

Hope all is well with everyone, what have I missed? :D

Alex xxx

glad ur home alex and you and baby are ok :hug: take it easy

no one has popped here, loads of us queing up to go though :rotfl:

sarah_lfc waters have broken but she was sent home to wait for some action

apart from that im not sure, ive probably forgotton someone though with my pregnancy brain :rotfl:

OMG :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm glad everything is ok and LO holds on in there and doesn't pop out early!

Mx

I wondered where you had got too, thought maybe you were away for wee break- never thought it would have been to the hospital! :(
Hope you are resting!! Are you able to take your maternity leave early?

Oh no what a scary time you've had. Thank goodness baby is safe and warm in your belly still but rest assured that if he/she does arrive early then everything will be fine, especially after the steroid injections.

Hope it all settles down for you though and that he/she stays in there for a good few weeks more yet.

L xxx :hug: :hug: :hug:

sweet heart you take it easy from now on :hug:
aww you poor thing being in hospital all weekend i hope you have no further bleeding and that baby stays put :hug: :hug: :hug:

sarah :wave:

Oh no!! That sounds really scary-I'm glad you and LO are ok.
take it easy chick.xxxx

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Aww :hug: Sorry to hear you had to stay in hospital. I hope LO stays put a good while longer for you.

Glad you are home and that at the moment everything seems to be ok, just need baby to stay put for a few more weeks. :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: Sorry to hear this, it must have been scary. Glad you and LO are doing ok though, take it easy xxx

How scary :hug: glad your home and both ok. Sounds like you need to take it easy :hug: :hug: xx

Crikey Alex you haven't half been through it haven't you!!!

Here's some hugs cos that must have been so scary!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm so pleased that everything is looking ok at the moment. Did they explain why they think baby might come early?

Well I'll keep everything crossed that LO stays put for a good while longer.

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

LMP x

PS.... If you have to go in again and you would like me to keep everyone updated on here please feel free to drop me a text I don't mind being a text buddy for all things not just labour!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Take Care hun!!

LMP x

Little miss pink said:
PS.... If you have to go in again and you would like me to keep everyone updated on here please feel free to drop me a text I don't mind being a text buddy for all things not just labour!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Take Care hun!!

LMP x

Thanks LMP, I did consider giving a text but as there was so much to explain I didn't want to get wires crossed etc. If anything else happens (hopefully only labour) I'll be in touch.

With regards to the baby coming early, according to the doctor there is increased risk of preterm labour once you have a bleed.

TBH the doctors really don't explain themselves very well and I did feel like I was being kept in the dark a bit. They are very busy though and have so much to get through it is quite understandable. The midwives were amazing the whole time I was in and I now have a list of the ones who I hope will deliver my baby :D

I know exactly how yo feel with the hospital stays, they keep you totally in the dark dont they, ya have to try and keep in focus that they are keeping you in for the good of you and baby, albeit extremely annoying when they do tell you.

Im really happy that things seem to be ok and dont hesitate on ringing them if you need to,

:hug: :hug:

Have just come out of hospital with very similar story and feeling a bit shaken and fragile. Also had steroids and agree it was all a bit scary and overwhelming.
Just taking it easy at home at the moment and trying not to stress about it.
Hope you're feeling ok and managing not to worry too much
xx

joani said:
Have just come out of hospital with very similar story and feeling a bit shaken and fragile. Also had steroids and agree it was all a bit scary and overwhelming.
Just taking it easy at home at the moment and trying not to stress about it.
Hope you're feeling ok and managing not to worry too much
xx

Hi,

I'm feeling better today, I was in a bit of a state yesterday, I kept thinking that anything would cause it to happen again and wondering why it happened. I've managed to calm myself a bit more now though. Hope you are feeling ok, nows our chance to do nothing :D before LO arrive.

Alex xxx

:hug: That must of been so scary. Hope LO hangs in there for a good few weeks yet :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back