Bloody Hospital

Levi89

Reaction score
Well was at the hospital last week after my excessive itching was worrying me - they took blood etc and whilst they were taking it I asked if they could check my iron because my MW had been concerned at my appointment but I was adimant against giving blood! :shock:

So when I was at my next appointment with the MW I told her about the hospital and she said she would phone and get my results... which she did and my blood showed low iron - so I had to go along today and get more blood taken. Now I'm stuck on iron tablets and possibly, depending on how low it actually is, be called into hospital and stuck on a drip :wall2::wall2:

Just as I thought my pregnancy was running pretty smoothly compared with some others...

On the other hand I've ordered my EPO, Clary Sage oil, Raspberry Leaf (capsules - hate tea YUK!) and I also ordered Black Cohosh or whatever its called...? This bubs is being evicted sooner rather than later, I dont think I can handle the feet constantly being in my ribs any longer!! So hopefully she's not to comfy in there and listens to mother dearest starting now! Lol!

xxx

Low iron is common don't worry, I'm still taking iron as mine plummeted to 8.2 after delivery xx

I thought I'd gotten away with everything pretty lightly too hun but the last week or so has more than made up for it. If I decide to go through this again I am just going to keep my mouth firmly shut I think lol

Good luck xxxxxxxxx

I was on iron tablets in my last pregnancy thus time I've taken pregnacare and my iron has been fine throughout xxx

So its not to bad. But i've just been to the toilet - sorry tmi alert - I was constipated and it was black. Pure black. Even when I wiped (sorry folks!) it was the blackest black ive ever seen. Can you tell I've never been on iron tablets before? Lol x

Hahahahaha it's gross isn't it???? I was on antibiotics that turned my wee green that was funny lol

I've been on pregnacare throughout and am a meat eater, but still been on iron for a few months :-( black poop is not nice !
Hope you feel better about it soon!
Also, what is epo, and clary sage oil?

Black as the ace of spades, also makes you constipated, you can try lactulose to help and request iron in liquid form xx

Last edited:
Yeah I got put on Iron tablets as well, the joys of pregnancy but all good for baby :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back