grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

BellaRiven

Reaction score
My OH has a crazy ex wife!!!!!!!!!!

I had my step daughter this morning and we went clothes shopping for baby just to get some baby gros and things, and I said to Beth that she could pick an outfit for baby, i'm trying to keep her as involved as possible with anything to do with baby.

Well this afternoon his ex wife pulls up after dancing Beth tells her that we have been out shopping this morning and that she didn;t get anything and all of a sudden OH is a bad father................WHAT!! he wasn;t even there he was working and 2 it's my bloody money I was spending!!! I didn;t even think about it as we only went to ASDA as it was 8 in the morning

She has held OH back before from seeing Beth and she wouldn;t have any compunction in using her again to do it............it just pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I in the wrong for not buying something for Beth, I just didn;t think about it :(

It's a sticky situation hun, you're stuck between a dog and a lamp post really. Not getting her something is mean apparently but if you did you'd probably be accused of trying to buy her daughter's affection. Whatever you did would probably be wrong, don't let it bother you.

And if she's that much of a bitch to stop her seeing her dad over it then more fool her, kids aren't stupid and she'll figure her mum out soon enough xxxxxxxxx

I agree with BB - I think no matter what you dud the crazy ex would use that as ammunition.

In terms of buying Beth something, no you're not wrong. Just because you were out shopping does not necessarily mean she should have got something. Hopefully Beth enjoyed the experience of baby shopping with it's own merits.

Xx

Babybrain is right, whatever you do will be wrong. She seems like the type of woman just looking for a reason to get back at her ex, even if it means upsetting her daughter in the process.

What kind of mum invovles their child in such a negative relationship anyway, just to cause spite :wall2:

I'm sure the daughter wouldn't have even thought about not getting a present if the mum hadn't brought it up. It's just because the woman doesn't like the fact her daughter is going to have a half-sister, a relationship she will, eventually, have no control over whatsoever!

Don't let it get to you hun, just know you did nothing wrong xxx

Would you normally buy a child something everytime you take them shopping? the answer is no! You were going to get bits for the baby - you involved her and 'she' bought the baby a present....The ex is trying to cause trouble and if you get into the habit of always buying your step daughter something when she doesn't need it you will give yourself more problems in the long run....

Agree with what everyone else has said. Whatever you did you would have been wrong. Plus kids shouldn't get something every single time you go shopping anyway, what kind of message does that give them? I think it's nice that you've been thoughtful enough to include her in the baby shopping etc. The ex is clearly trying to gain some sort of reaction from your OH and throw her weight around - probably because you've got a new baby on the way and feels a bit threatened or jealous.

Obviously Beth won't take a back seat, but she'll have to learn to share her dad's attention with a new baby and the ex probably doesn't like that at all. She should grow up and stop using her child as a weapon x

Sounds like that child is spoilt for saying that to her mother to me!

Well turns out Beth was fine with it, she had had a fantastic day which is good cos we don;t always get on :), it was the mother that was causing problems...

Me and OH had a HUGE barny about the whole thing, I ended up storming out of the house in floods of tears and going for a drive to calm down, I think I said a whole load of things that I have been storing up for 7 years about her and how she treats OH like a doormat and that he just rolls over whenever she says or wants something and that it pisses me off.......

I eventually came home, he had called me 12 times to see where I was..oops!!, when I got home we sat down and talked about it rationally and I explained I understood that it is hard for him to deal with her because of her threats but that at the same time he needs to get clearer with her about what is going to happen and that 'this is not how it is going to be' so basically man up and stop being a woose around her and caving every 2 minutes to her every whim...

Anyway it's all sorted now and we are back to the same people we were, nice and calm and loved up which is what I prefer

Thanks again for listening ladies, honestly if I didn;t have you lot to vent to I would explode.............

xxxxxx

Glad you got everything aired hun, storing stuff up is never good xxxxxxxx

It was about 6 years worth BB, not sure Riven knew what had hit him, being jiggled around in there like that with mam's voice at treble decibles lol :)

Lol Albert goes really quiet when I'm annoyed, then he goes mad like "go on mummy!!" :D

My problem is I get angry and I either have to cry or throw something somewhere (never at hubby) and I kind of did both yesterday so it was a major emotional and physical explosion, didn;t know I could still move that way to be honest lol :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back