Had my 36wk midwife apt

jomc

Reaction score
And all is good!

Baby is 2/5's engaged which she said is great and is also in a perfect position for labour :dance:

I was curious if it had engaged as my bump seems to have dropped slightly over the last few days and Ive felt more pressure down there, although I dont have any relief in my breathing. She said it prob wont engage any further until I go into labour as its that which forces baby down the last 3/5's.

Finding the heartbeat was funny.. as soon as she put the doppler on my bump the baby kicked it off and suddenly got the hiccups with the fright lol.
It gave a few more strong kicks as well while she was trying to count. It was really funny. I told her baby gets hiccups about 6 times a day and she said thats normal and I may find it hiccups alot when its born... its a way for them to try and regulate their wind. Also, sneezing a big thing in newborns... her words were: toddlers can stick their fingers up their nose to clear it, babies cant so they sneeze. Lol!!

Ive been having trouble trying to stay sleeping on my left side so asked her if the right was ok as you hear conflicting info.... she said sleeping on the right is fine. The only position they dont want you to sleep on is your back as the weight presses down on arteries etc and restricts bloodflow to mum and baby and also causes leg cramps.
So that was good to hear as trying to stay on my left is giving me awful leg and back ache.

So my next appointment is at 38 weeks :)

Aww :yay: sounds like all went well :) i've got my mw appointment this afternoon :) x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

ah sounds all positive babe x x x glad about the sleeping on the right side as i always do cant sleep on my left lol

your MW sounds lovely x x x

ah sounds all positive babe x x x glad about the sleeping on the right side as i always do cant sleep on my left lol

your MW sounds lovely x x x

she was so nice.... shes a diff one to who I normally have but have to say any encounter I have had with any of them has been really nice. OH came with me today for the first time as he is off work and I think it actually got him a bit more excited when she said everything was perfect and when he could hear the heartbeat in the room from the doppler. :)

she also said the only way to get baby to come out is the way it got in there.... so OH says he needs to put in a call with the stork haha!

Do they do an internal at 36 weeks?

nope.... not with me anyway. Only time they will do that at my hosp is if they do the sweep at 40 weeks :)
They feel how engaged baby is purely by feeling ur bump and where the babys head is located

Last edited:
Glad all went well chick! Lovely that your OH could go with you, i think it makes them feel a bit more apart of it doesn't it :)

Did they do your bloods? I've just been to see my consultant and was expecting bloods to be taken but they didn't.

Glad all went well chick! Lovely that your OH could go with you, i think it makes them feel a bit more apart of it doesn't it :)

Did they do your bloods? I've just been to see my consultant and was expecting bloods to be taken but they didn't.

No, no bloods taken. Have looked thru the checklist for future appointments and nothing is mentioned about anymore tests

Woooooo :D
Grace is almost fully engaged too, I kinda figured she was because of all this pain and pressure I've been having.
Let's hope our baby's don't take long to say hello now. I love going to the midwife, it always seems like a step closer to meeting my girl :) My next appointment is at 38 weeks also, eeeeek full term next Wednesday! xxx

Oh that's good then, thought they'd forgotten. Last time i seen the consultant he said i would be havin bloods taken at 36weeks, he obviously didn't know what he was talking about!lol

Glad it all went so well :) sounds like all is going to plan for you hun :good: x

You don't need to have any more bloods done now, unless there are problems.
I had blood taken at 32 weeks, 34 weeks and I'm having more taken at 38 weeks because my iron is low xxx

yep my next appointment is 38 weeks and is on 1st Dec. Cant believe fullterm next Wednesday! Will be doing all poss to get the baby out as going overdue or having to be induced would mean Boxing Day for me!

yep my next appointment is 38 weeks and is on 1st Dec. Cant believe fullterm next Wednesday! Will be doing all poss to get the baby out as going overdue or having to be induced would mean Boxing Day for me!

Same here ;p
I'm off out shopping with a friend tomorrow so I'm going to pick up some raspberry leaf tea (which is supposed to bring on labour) :oooo: and I'm going to eat lot's of hot curry's next week! :lol: I bet she still won't turn up until 40 weeks at least :p

I asked my midwife about going overdue, because I don't want to be in hospital around Christmas time and because I'd love to have Grace home for Christmas, she said she'll put a note for me to have an induction early (if an induction is needed), I'll be offered a sweep on my due date and another one a few days after. 10 days maximum is how much they let you go over in my hospital
xxx

12 days is the maximum at mine :(
Ive been on the raspberry leaf tea for the last few weeks.... gives me strong BH which MW said is good. It tones the uterus.
Ive also got evening primrose capsules so will be starting those orally and vaginally next week!
And OH has been told to be prepared to do his bit lol

I was curious if it had engaged as my bump seems to have dropped slightly over the last few days and Ive felt more pressure down there, although I dont have any relief in my breathing.

how come you mention your breathing jomc? are u having trouble breathing? xx

I was curious if it had engaged as my bump seems to have dropped slightly over the last few days and Ive felt more pressure down there, although I dont have any relief in my breathing.

how come you mention your breathing jomc? are u having trouble breathing? xx

Just breathlessness when going upstairs or walking for a while cos Bubs feet are up in that area. Apparently you can tell a baby has dropped when u find it easier to breathe as u have a bit more room in that area

oh i see, thanks! i've been breathless the past few weeks and was wondering if it meant something xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back