My little girl has a heart murmur also....Worried!

Julia

Reaction score
Hi girls,

A couple of weeks ago my little girl, who is 2 and a half, had a virus. When the doctor examined her she said "do you know she has a murmur?".......I replied "no" and was really shocked.....

She advised me to leave it for a week and then make an appointment with my GP. I had the appointment today and he confirmed it is a murmur.

He has referred me to a paediatric cardiologist for more tests, which has worried me even more. I know that many children have "innocent" murmurs (harmless) which the doctor can detect - but why did he refer me?? Is it because he knows it is something more serious?? He siad not to worry about it - but how can I not? My hubby is also very worried!

She is so lively it is unbelievable - she never gets out of breath. Her growth is fine. Her lips have turned blue on a few occasions but nothing too noticeable........

Please help - I am soooooo worried!!!

Julia xx

Some virus can leave scaring on the lungs and heart. Thats how my sister got her heart murmur... She never gets out of breath either and other than when she's sick we never have to worry.

My brother was born with Downs and a hole in his heart, which healed over time, but docs can still hear the murmur left by the scar... He is a special Olympics swimmer, 2nd best Downs swimmer in the UK and Spain...so it might not be as scary as it first sounds :hug: :hug: :hug: The doctor has only referred you to see what may have caused the murmur and what if any treatment is necessary... Its precautionary rather than because your GP believes its worse and won't tell you. If it was bad, your LO would have been rushed to hospital immediately.

I hope that your LO is OK hun... :hug: :hug: :hug:

squig speaks wisdom as usual, im sure ur doc is being honest with u when he says not to worry. :hug:

Thanks for your replies...

I feel calmer about the whole situation now....as you said - the doc is probably only sending us to the hosp as a precaution.

As my Dad said, in the this day and age where everyone sues each other, the doc is probably covering his back also. We will just have to wait and see what happens...

Thanks for your support...it is very much appreciated

Julia xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back