Heart murmur?

Sunbeam638

Reaction score
Morning all,

Had my doc appointment today Iam 7 and a bit days pregnant which came as a suprise as I thought I was around 5 weeks! It went well but I can't get a 12 week scan and will go past the 19week scan when I went to book an appointment with the midwife as they are fully booked :( and so is the hospital.

The doctor detected I have a heart murmur which I'm not too worried about because I am quite active but I was wondering of anyone else has got a heart murmur and it might be something I should worry About?!

Xxx

there are 2 kind of heart murmurs
the first one is from high blood flow and appears in conditions liek fever, pregnancy etc etc and its nth to worry about
the second kind is from a problem that heart valves can have and you need a cardiac ultrasound for furter investigation
doctors can tell by auscultation if a murmur is the good kind or the one that worths more investigation, if he didnt tell anything more to you then nth to worry as the majority of pregnant women will get one at some point

Thank you so much for the quick response x

I know it's silly to worry but I've never had any issues like that so was abut taken aback. My doctor said they would monitor it and check it after the birth...so fingers crossed it's baby bear making me work faster at the moment!xx

he he i am sure it is the baby, especially if you had nth before :) small kids can have that too so don't freak out if the GP will tell you that the baby has a heart murmur.

Thanks your message is reasurring. They said they would keep an eye on it and after birth :) just want a healthy baby bear now :) xxx

Hey Sunbeam, I have a heart murmer and the only pregnancy relater issue I have come accross ( so far) is that I cant use a Tens machine for pain relief,

Im sure its nothing to worry about if your doc didnt seem worried, Did he put the stetiscope ( sorry for d bad spelling) on your chest and back and then onto your neck or above your collor bone area above the heart?

If the murmer can be heard on your heart but not on the main veins and archerys above the heart ie the ones in the side of your neck then its perfectly safe and nothing to worry too much about ,

Congrats on getting moved forward a few weeks yaii for you :)

Hello, popping in from tri 3
I have a heart murmur that the doc spotted early in my pregnancy, due to it being loud I was sent for all sorts of scans and things and its all fine, now they are getting me back after the baby is born to have a monitor fitted for a few days to check everything is ok but thats due to things in the past that were never investigated

I'm sure yours will be fine espeacially if the doc hasn't arranged any further checks for you

Thanks huffy and teap x the doc did chest only so reading both posts sounds like thereio neednt worry. I didn't expect that though, doc was lovely and really helpful and said there was a murmur but never said it was loud so I'm taking that as a good sign. I'm quite anxious at the moment and I won't get a scan until I'm 19 weeks because of the waiting list so I'm going to make myself just chill until then, it's so easy to become a nervous wreck so I'm taking early action as my bf says I'm already freaking out with worry.

Thanks again & happy healthy baby bears xxxx

I've had a murmur (hole in heart) since birth. Its never caused me any real problems, although I have to be careful with certain sports ect. My little girls heart stopped beating when I was pregnant and they thought it may have been because blood wasn't pumping properly through me and into placenta, oh and she also measured small which they also said could be down to my heart not working 100% but I never got a proper answer on it, she was born healthy btw.

Majority of people I have heard of with murmurs haven't had any problems at all with them.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back