My lil Man- Cameron Elliot

I am so happy that you are feeling much better!!!!

We have snow too but I didn't get out with Amelie as she outgrew yet again her snowsuit and have to buy her a new one! The 4th :roll:

Amelie starts watching coco when it moves around but I am not doing so good with the coco-Amelie situation :(
Coco though she is 18 month old she still behaves like a puppy so he jumps all over etc. she Dosent have a single bad thought in her for harming Amelie so that's not what I am concerned but I usually keep telling her to not go near the baby when the baby is on the floor playing and I know that this is not ok but I can never be sure if she will not decide to start playing or jump around and claw Amelie by mistake :(
I am in for a big mess once Amelie crawls around :(

Though the idea of a puppy and a bean made me shiver lol i think if you can handle potty training a puppy while you have a baby/toddler they will be its really cute together!!!

About your labour notes, I think you should do it.
I had an awfully traumatic labour that left me with nightmares about it but I know why things happened as its easier for me probably to understand what happened and what can be better next time.

How is your oh with the labour thing btw doing? Mine though a doctor got completely traumatized seeing me in so much pain (my epidural failed at 10 m dilated and I stayed with 10 cm dilated contractions with no space between them and no pain relief for 6 h waiting for her to turn her head...while I cried my eyes out in my oh lap for 6 h solid...), he got so angry at the gynecologist that slowed down the epidural and then couldn't get pain relief back that I swear if he had a free sec of me not crying in his arms he would have punch him lol...he also says no more beans and if for whatever reason we have one more c section it is lol...
And that's why I suppose they are not meant to labour...

Teething is a real pain, Amelie hardly eats, and she chew absolutely non stop on everything she can get her hand on or her hands...even in her sleep... Poor babies so awful for them :(

God I rabbled so much in your thread! Sorry for that!

Don't apologise! You are the only person who comments anyway! Its like our own little conversation!lol!

My oh is still traumatised from seeing me give birth. When i said about going through my labour notes, he was like really? :shock:
I think I will though as I think it will be helpful for me and if not it will still be really interesting! My oh said no more babies. He already has an eight year old son and says he doesn't want anymore children. I say never say never as you don't know what the future will bring.

I don't let my dogs run around either when Cam is on the floor for the same reason- i dont want them to accidentally hurt him.

Teething really is awful for them, poor little things. I don't know if Cam has more coming through or if its the two he has already that are bothering him. I need to take out shares in teething gel and calpol! Lol!

XX

Hey there! How are you and gorgeous cam doing?
Any plans for the weekend?
We got more snow here tonight and tomorrow so no idea of we will manage to be up to anything at all :(
We may go to the mall for Amelie to look around at the lights a little very early when there are no many people there (we have a swine flu epidemic here so I am not really fond on crowd in the malls with her...)
Oh and I have a movie for tomorrow to accompany my carbonara lol! It's named kontiki and I can't wait as I resc the kontiki expedition books when I was in university (discovered in my grandmas library :roll:) now I only need Amelie to sleep...
Damn I rabbled again in your thread lol.
Did the antidepressants fully kick in yet?

Hey hun! :wave:

Our snow has all gone and its currently tipping it down with rain :-(

My parents are coming over for Sunday lunch but no plans other than that. Need to pop to the shop tomorrow to buy food for Sunday, tidy up a bit and then relax.

I saw my gp on Thursday and she's happy with how I'm doing, so seeing her monthly as opposed to fortnightly now. She said I'll probably need to be on the meds for 3-6 months depending on how i feel. I certainly feel much better and I'm getting loads of support- seeing gp monthly, hv monthly and being allocated someone from our local childrens centre to help me too. I'm making more of an effort to help myself aswell, catching up with friends and I've met up with my cousin and her new baby for the last 2 weeks and i think that will probably become a regular thing. Cameon loves her lo, he smiles at him and reaches out to try and touch him its so cute, he is only 7 weeks old and looks so little compared to Cam!

How are you and Amelie? Fx neither of you get swine flu

XX

So we finally did it...little man has moved into his own room.

He went in on Sunday night and was fine. He was a bit unsettled in the early morning but tbh i think he was cold. We have set a heater up on a timer to warm up his room before bed, come on for an hour in the night and then again for a couple of hours in the morning. Last night no problems and didn't hear a peep from him until eight o'clock :)

He's learned new noises and becasuse they are new makes them all the time! Mind you, i much prefer these "huh" noises to the screaming phase! He's doing really well with weaning and trying lots of new things. Last night we had fajitas for tea and i gave him a slice of red, yellow and green pepper to try and he sucked on each one by himself! Clever little man!

He came to his first agility show last weekend and he was very good. I was a bit worried about waking him up so early but when i got him up at six, all i got was lots of lovely smiles which was a relief.

He's at a really akward size at the moment, as his 3-6 month clothes are getting a bit small but his 6-9 month clothes are a bit big still. Mind you at the rate he is growing they'll soon fit him properly.

Cam will be going on his first holiday this year too :) My mum and dad are taking me, oh and cam and my brother and his (will by then be wife) to Spain for ten days :) I'm so excited but there is so much to organise and think about :faint:

XX

Sucking on some peppers! :)

Attachments

• Photo0330.jpg
    Photo0330.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Photo0333.jpg
    Photo0333.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 6
Gorgeous man!!! Looks so busy with those peppers!!!!
Yeey for being in his own room like a big boy :love:
Did he behave during the agility show??

We are at the screaming phase :( My ears hurt and I am so so drained lol...
How long did it last for him?
Is he drinking his milk more calmly now btw??
We are going in Greece for her christening at some point and then in August in Amsterdam for a medical congress and we are going all together...
I am sure it will be fine.
By then they will be eating proper good food, no need for sterilizing bottles ( we don't sterilize already since 4 m old) so I think we will be fine :)

Oh my just read about your trip to a&e :( is he ok now? I swear I got gray hair since Amelie entered my life lol...No day free of worries.
What do you think it happened with him

He's fine now, back to his usual self.

I don't think he was feeling well and was just under the weather. It was scary when we couldn't rouse hin though.

I think from the second you gt your bfp the worry starts and it doesnt stop.

XX

Today is a bad day. I thought i was doing so much better but i feel awful today- so teary and anxious. I wish my hubby was at home :-(

I had a nightmare last night about work, which I know is what is causing me stress at the moment. I emailed my boss with a query a week ago and she emailed me back today requesting i call her to arrange a meeting so we can discuss my queries face to face as she prefers that to emailing. I am on maternity leave and with the queries I have, there is no need at all for me to go in for a meeting, Its nit complicated at all and just needs a ys or no from her, no discussion required. I don't think I can face a meeting. Every time I think of it my tummy lurches and i feel all panicky :-( I can't bare feeling like this...

XX

Aww lovely :hug: you are only human and its normal to haw bad days too, PND or not that is. God knows how many of those I have:(
I totally understand your work troubles :( I am in a right mess myself too with my boss and also lacking child care that makes things even more awful :(
I really hope that you thinks will go ok with your boss.

How did the yesterday's agility competition go?

I saw your little man at tummy time pictures! What a stunner he is and he is so confident and oh my God those gorgeous eyes.
You are doing pretty good work there mummy, chin up lovely girl :hug:

I had a great day at the agility competition. Didn't get any rosettes but had a lot of fun and Cairo was a really good boy, as was Cam.

Tomorrow is another day and fx it will be a better one.

XX

This time six months ago, I was just minutes away from meeting my gorgeous baby boy!

I can't believe he is six months old already! It seems like only yesterday he was a teeny weeny newborn. Now he has teeth, can roll from front to back, eats solids, blows raspberries, stands up (with help ;-)) and has the most amazing smile and laugh.

Six months ago my life changed forever, it changed for the better, my purpose in life became clear and my family became complete. Six months ago I met perfection and I knew my life would never be the same ever again. My priorities changed and things took on a whole new meaning. Six months ago I gave birth to my son and I never knew it was possible to love another as much as I love him. He is my lil man, Cameron Elliot and I will love him forever and a day, with all my heart.

XX

A few hours old and today at six months

:love:

Attachments

• IMAG0151.jpg
    IMAG0151.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Photo0340.jpg
    Photo0340.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 8
Nawww!!! Happy 6 m little man!!!! I can't believe that 1/2 year passed!!!
you made me all teary you!!!!
I also can't believe how much I love her :love:

My clever little man rolled from his back to his front for the first time today! :dance:

Proud mummy!!

:)

XX

Yeey! Clever boy!! My lazy sausage Dosent ever plan on doing that lol :)

Today I actually managed to watch Cam roll from back to front. I've missed it each time before, just looked up and there he was, but this morning I saw it :dance:

The MW is coming out at 2 to do a labour debrief with me as part of my PND treatment. I think I'm in for an emotional afternoon. I started crying when I got off the phone from arranging the appointment!

XX

It was great. Really helpful and very interesting. In summary (ish ;-)):

-although i was contracting i wasn't in established labour, my body was just gearing up for it. However, because my waters had gone and they contained meuconium there was no choice but to put me on a drip to induce full labour. In effect forcing my body to do something it wasn't yet ready to do.

- when i went through the phase of needing to push when i was only 3 cm dilated, it was because baby was back to back. MW said it is very scary when that happens as you are fighting against all your body's urges.

- i went from 3-8 cm in just a few hours which she said was very quick and therefore baby dropped down quickly and because of this his heart rate dipped. This is when they took the blood from his head. His blood gases were normal but if they weren't then at that point i would have been taken for a c-section.

- my bp was a concern as it was raised.

- when it came to pushing, i did really well. However, my contractions dropped to two in ten minutes lasting less than a minute despite them turning up the drip. MW said to push well you need a strong contraction that lasts up to 90 seconds, which mine weren't, so considering all that i pushed very well.

- as i had pushed previously before being fully dilated, his head had swollen and he had his hand by face which made pushing very difficult anyway. She also said that given my size, he was quite a big baby for me to deliver.

- once the ventous was on it only took one push to deliver him, which MW said was very good considering my contractions were rubbish.

- everything slowed down as i was exhausted and had no more to give. I was basically running on empty.

- I was so close to pushing him out myself but he was showing signs of distress again, so they had no choice but to help. they took some blood from the cord after he was born to check the blood gases and they showed that they were right to deliver him when they did otherwise the outcome may have been very different :shock:

I had no idea about half of this!! It's good to understand the reasons behind what happened and to know that i actually did really well. I understand now that what happened was beyond anybodys control really. The medical team did what they had to do based on the obs they had of me and baby. They made all the right decisions to do what was best for me and Cam and I did really well given the circumstances.

I see my labour in a whole new light now. Rather than thinking of it negatively and loads of what ifs, i can think of it for what it really was. The most amazing and wonderful (albeit most painful!) experience of my life. I will never experience anything like it ever again and the end result is my perfect little boy, here, happy and healthy.

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back