My lil Man- Cameron Elliot

Yesterday (day 3) ended with 4 successes, one accident and probably one sneaky wee in the bath!! Clever boy :)

We'll wait and see what today brings... nothing so far!

XX

So today brought 100% success!!

No accidents and a little boy who was willing to sit on the potty and do his wees and poos!!

:) :)

XX

So we've had one accident in the last five days.

He's not great at asking for his potty (only done it twice so far) and sometimes does not want to sit on it but all in all he's doing really well! :)

I've got his nursery teacher coming round on Wednesday. Apparently they like to visit all the children at home first, to help get to know them a bit better. I'm glad though, because it will give me a chance to have a good chat with her. I'm anxious about Cam going to nursery. He likes to play with other kids but doesn't share well and can be very rough both in play and in temper. I'm sure it's all normal and just ask part and parcel of growing up but I'd hate to think of him being known as 'the naughty one'. I left him at nursery for his last taster hour. He wasn't at all worried by me leaving, just kissed me goodbye and off he went. They said he was ok but that there was a bit of pushing and shoving and dtd he go to nursery anywhere else?

I think it's harder for him as he has no full time siblings. His half brother comes to stray every other weekend but it's not the same. I'm trying very hard to give him a full time sibling but it's just not happening!!

XX

Don't worry Hun, Harry is 3 in a few days time and is exactly the same at nursery. He understands the concept of sharing, but it's always on his terms and he can be a bit rough too! He has a half sister, but she lives 300 miles away so he doesn't have the day to day expectation of sharing and playing with other children xx

Nursery start date is 16th September.

Eeek! I hope he settles in well.

The visit from his teachers was ok and they are going to make sure they remind him to go to the toilet, as he's still not great at asking.

Potty training is going ok though.

We are away to an agility competition tomorrow for 10 days which I am really looking forward too. Cam has a great time too!! 10 days out and about in the fresh air will do him the world of good. Fingers crossed the weather is good!

Oh, in other news... Cam is going to be a big brother!!! Yaaaay!!!

So here we are...

My little man is three today!

I just don't know where the time has gone.

No nappies, no dummies he's a proper little boy now.

For his birthday he's had a junior tablet, toy train, dinosaur canvas pictures, dinosaur DVD, hatch your own dinosaur eggs and an etcha-sketch pad thingy.

We are off to the wildlife and dinosaur park on Sunday, which I think he will love!!

Three years old!! :shock:

Here's this year's attempt at a cake...

XX

Attachments

• 11924217_10207882857339035_6470956218172127393_n.jpg
    11924217_10207882857339035_6470956218172127393_n.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 7
Today was Cam's first official day at nursery.

He's doing 9-12 today and 9-3 tomorrow and Friday.

He was off and playing straight away, I had to go and find him for a kiss goodbye, which he then just sorta pointed his lips in my direction and then he was off again!!

I'm glad he's so confident and happy there, I just hope he behaves himself!

Now, I have three whole hours to myself so, bar hanging out the washing once it's done, I'm planning on sitting on my arse, watching telly, drinking coffee and eating chocolate!!

XX

Cam is struggling at nursery :-(

He's been hitting, pinching and actually bit someone the other day!

We're going in for a meeting on Thursday to discuss how best to help him. Personally i don't think they are being consistent in their approach but we'll find out some more details on Thursday.

They are also having their SENCO attend the meeting, which i guess is a good thing as it means we are getting lots of support. I just hope his behaviour improves soon as i feel really stressed out by it all.

We are off to the docs later so i'll mention this while we are there.

XX

It's been nearly a year since I wrote in here! Ooops!

Well, my little man is growing up way too fast! In fact this week is his first week at school! So he's doing really well and enjoying himself. He's on half days this week, then from Wednesday next week he's in full time! I can't believe it, I really can't! He looks so so cute in his school uniform! Makes my heart melt!

We're off to the hospital this afternoon as he's been suffering with prolapsing when opening his bowels. He's been on medication to soften his stool for the last three months, so we're off to see the Dr and see where we go from here.

We've moved to a new house earlier in the year which Cam is loving. It's got a nice big garden and we're going to do up the bottom bit to be a play area just for him.

He got guinea pigs for his birthday. We got him two but it turns out that one of them is pregnant!! No idea when they're going to arrive but hopefully it'll be soon as I can feel and see them kicking! I'm really excited for them to arrive and very impatient! We've moved them indoors in to the third bedroom so we don't have to worry about them being cold outside.

XX

Well there's a fair bit to update in here, as I've not written for ages!

My little boy is growing up so so fast! He's been at school for nearly a year and loves it! He is doing really well and although among one of the youngest in his class, he certainly holds his own and according to his teachers is right where he's supposed to be. His reading and writing is coming on a treat and I'm so proud of him!

He's such a sweet and kind boy and so very loving towards me and especially towards his new baby sister. He absolutely dotes on her and constantly wants to kiss and cuddle her. It melts my heart to see them together.

He turns five at the end of August and I can't believe that he is so grown up already! We're getting him a trampoline for his birthday and he's so excited about it. Can't wait to see his face once we've got it and it's all set up! :)

XX

Cam starts his swimming lessons today!! I used to take him swimming regularly when he was much younger but didn't carry on with it and he's lost a lot of confidence in the water now. Hopefully he'll enjoy his lessons and get his confidence back quickly.

He got a trampoline as an early birthday present and he loves it!! He's been on it every day since we got it - as have half the children in the neighborhood! Lol!

I went to his sports day on Weds. It was lovely and I am so happy I could go as I missed his first one last year. He had a great time and really enjoyed himself!! He's such a little entertainer and was making everyone laugh!

XX

So that's my little man's first year of school done and he's finished his year in Reception. He's grown so much in so many ways since starting school and it's lovely to see him grow and develop. He started unable to read or write and can now read simple words and sentences and use his phonics knowledge to write simple words too. His end of year report was glowing and today they sent home all his work books and it's so nice to see all the progress he's made throughout the year. I'm so proud of him and I can't believe he's going to be in year one soon!!

I'm hoping we can do some fun stuff over the holidays - a few day trips out to zoos etc, picnics in the park and just making some memories.

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back