• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My lil Man- Cameron Elliot

Omg a tooth already!!!! We need pictures!!!
Yeeey for the baby rice. Amelie tried some banana yesterday. She was holding it so proud and mouthing away on it lol!

OMFG I am such a shit mum!

Put Cam to bed and plugged in the monitors but forgot to switch on the one downstairs. Me and oh were sat there watching TV and he suddenly said I think the baby is crying and realised the monitor wasn't on. We rushed upstairs and poor Cam was so so upset. He was crying his eyes out and I mean really crying, it was awful. I started crying and gave him a cuddle and he did calm down pretty quickly and settled back down to sleep with no problems, but i feel so terrible. I don't know how anyone can do CIO with their babies, it was heartwrenching to hear him crying like that :cry: Poor little man

I can't resist her crying either :( I end up crying every time :(
You are not a shitty mum, those things just happen :(
Currently up with Amelie that got up crying like that 1 h ago and never went back to sleep...she is just sitting in her chair unhappy chewing on her bib...
No idea how people can do CIO I would probably die :(

Still waiting for that cute first tooth picture :love:

Thanks hun.

I'll try and get a picture but its only just broken through the gum so not sure if it will show up on a piccy.

I have never heard him cry like that before, he was so upset he was literally sobbing his heart out. He didn't even cry like that when he had his jabs. I never want to hear him crying like that again, it was just so awful.

Poor Amelie :hug: Did you do anything nice for New Years? I was in bed by 11.00! Did you have many fireworks- was Amelie worried by them?

XX

The were firing fireworks out of our window ...she was rudely awaken started crying, turned blue and went all floppy so eventually we drove away with her. She didn't sleep until 12.15 but she enjoy the fireworks from up a small mountain where she could see them but not hear them.
My heart broke in 10000 pieces from her crying but those big gummy smiles and loughs when she saw from far away the fireworks made my day and the entrance of the new year a happy one.

OMG poor girl. Sounds like you did right by taking her away, better a late night than a night spent frightened and crying. Glad she enjoyed seeing them from a distance though. Cam slept through all the ones going off near us.

How is her eating now? Is she taking more milk?

XX

Nope :( I got a special baby rice from the doctor to mix in her bottle to up her calories as she wouldn't eat a purée either :roll: she just refuses to open her mouth :wall:
Today she ate quite ok I must say but it's such a struggle to get her to take a bottle :( and usually take us 2 h trying and retrying for her to finish 3/4 of a bottle..,
Can't wait for her to get more curious for solids as I am sick with the bottle battle...
Did you try Cameron with some purées? I know you were thinking about it

Not yet, I'm just giving him a portion of baby rice a day at the moment. I'm waiting to hear from my hv and I'll ask her to go through weaning with me. I don't know how to progress with it really and how quickly to give him new things, when to give finger foods etc.

Aw hun, it must be so frustrating for you with Amelie still not eating properly. Is she still dropping centiles?

XX

No idea I dare not to weigh her lol. Thankfully she was a chunk to begin with so she has enough room for dropping some centiles until solids come. And that time can't get fast really. Well both her doctor and her hv gave me the green light to start with solids to get some calories in her but she is just that stubborn lol so I am waiting for her to decide to open her mouth.
I can tell you what I was told about weaning.
Start with baby rice after the 11 (ish) feed. Give first a bottle and then a little later try some baby rice.
Do that for 3-4 days and if No problem transfer that feed at 6 afternoon after the bottle feed (always bottle first until 6 m old)
When you transfer the rice at afternoon try at morning after the 11 bottle some apple/pear/sweet potatoe/potato/carrot/squash purée (only one at a time and get it slowly like 1 every 3-4 days to watch for any reactions. If you didn out that apple is ok you can start mixing the baby roc at afternoon with a little apple too.
Chicken at 6 months, raw fruit at 6 months (before they are stewed) beef at 7 months,gluten at 8 months, egg yolk at 8 months,egg white at 1 year, fish at 9 months, after 12 m normal adult food nth is off limits but nuts (4-5 years) and seafood (4-5 years). Only mashed food at 7 months (not purée anymore), finger food at 7-8 m.
Those are the local guidelines her i think in uk they are much more brave with nth off limits at 6 months :roll:
Amazing what huge difference can be between countries : shock:

The differences in advice and guidelines is amazing and how the advice changes so regularly too.

Well, I tried to get a piccy of cams tooth but i couldn't get one. He just kept grabbing my phone and trying to eat it whenever i tried!lol!

XX

Lol I was sure it will be a right mission to get those first teeth pictures :love:

So, Cam has 2 teeth! I can see both the front ones at the bottom! His feeding has been difficult as I think the teats must hurt his gums, so we end up with cry, feed, cry, feed and eventually he'll finish his bottle. Poor little chap.

Weaning wise, I've been giving him a bowl of baby porridge after his 11 o clock feed and he loves it! I've got the hv coming round on Thursday, so hopefully she can go through weaning with me and give me the go ahead to start introducing other things. I was worried about weaning to begin with, but seeing how much Cam enjoys his porridge, I am quite looking foward to giving him new things.

I'm quite up and down myself at the monent. Oh went back to work on weds last week and i did ok. Kept busy doing housework weds, Thursday and spent loads of quality time with Cam on friday. We went out for 2 lovely walks on sat and Sunday and i was feeling really good. Then Monday arrived...and i felt crappy. Did nowt all day just sat cuddling Cam and playing with him. Pretty much the same today- sorted Cam but didnt get myself dressed until 12. After his next feed I'm going to try and rustle up enough motivation to take the dogs out for a walk. Baby group starts again tomorrow and baby massage starts the following week, so hopefully that will help by getting me out and about. The newest issue is I keep having nightmares. The last 2 nights i have had horrible dreams that Cam has been kidnapped and I'm trying to get him back. Its awful.

I'm so worried that people will think I'm being a bad mum, so I'm quite glad that the hv is coming to my house so she can see that i am looking after him properly. I keep saying about how I'm lacking motivation to do anything and that is true, but i still get things sorted, do the washing, housework etc because Cam needs me to. I refuse to allow my crappy state of mind to negatively affect him and as much as i don't feel like doing a lot i make sure i do it for him. He is my world and i would do anything for him. He's happy, he smiles and he laughs and the sound of his little chuckle always makes me smile. He's learning new things all the time, the latest being screaming! Not because there is anything wrong, just because he can! Hoping thats a phase that passes quickly! Lol!

I am dreading going back to work. Although some good news is.that my manager has resigned. She will still be at the centre but no longer the manager. This does help me feel a bit better as tbh she is a bully and I'm frightened of her, so I'm glad she's no longer on the top rung of the ladder. I'm still worried that any progress i make with dealing with my PND will all be ruined when i go back to work as I'll stilll have to work with her. I guess I'll just have to see how i go.

I told my best friend yesterday too. Despite the fact that we haven't seen each other since before xmas and we were just texting she asked me 'how are you really? Are you really ok?' I decided to tell her. The reason i hadn't said anything before is because she is going through chemotherapy at the moment and has enough on her plate. Needless to say she told me off for not telling her and we are going to try and get together next week if she's feeling up to it. Makes me feel so stupid for feeling like I am, as in comparison to everything she has been through my problems pale into insignificance really.

My hubby is being so amazing and supportive. I just don't know what i would do without him tbh. He just phoned me from work to see how i was, cue me crying down the phone to him about my nightmares. He is being so brilliant with me though. I'm so lucky.

Wow, that was a bit of an essay. Obviously needed to off load.

XX

2 teeth already???? Goodness me! I also know all about feed cry feed cry...
Our poor babies.

How can oh even think that someone will say that you are a bad num.
I don't even get out of my pyjamas all day unless I go somewhere!
Also if you see in what state is my living room (clean but full of baby products so it looks like piggies love in here?????kr
Does that make me a bad mum?

What you are going trough is very very common and widely recognizable from all health professionals.
Nobody would even think to say that.
Also mummyhood is so hard don't pi extra pressure on you.
I am so sorry to hear abou your friend an chemo :( life is unfair big time.
More pictures I need from gorgeous cam including messy feeding!!
My lazy monkey still won't open her noun for the spoon!!!! Stubborn Greek girl she is.
She was a pickle from conception that one!

I know its silly of me to think like that and i know no-one could ever say I'm not a good mum but the worry just creeps in now and then.

I couldn't believe it when i saw the second tooth! It does explain why he has been so unhappy though. Poor lil man.

He's getting much better with the spoon feeding but its still not quite there yet. Today he would open his mouth, then bite hold of the spoon when it was half way in his mouth and then start chatting to me and end up spraying porridge everywhere! Makes me laugh though! I give him the spoon afterwards so ofcourse he ends up with porridge all over his face, in his eyebrows and in his hair! Mind you, I managed to get it up his nose so between us we make quite a mess!

XX

Pictures!!

XX

Attachments

• Photo0304.jpg
    Photo0304.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Photo0314.jpg
    Photo0314.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 4
oh my God love it! He looks so pleased with himself lol :)
Go cam!!!!

The second pic was when he had a go himself afterwards hence the porridge in his eyebrow! He had it all over the side of his head too! Lol!

XX

Hey you :) how are you doing?? Is gorgeous Cameron behaving for you??

Hi hun.

Doing ok thanks. Actually feeling a bit more like my old self this week, so hoping it continues.

Cam is doing really well. Weaning wise he's had some carrot, sweet potatoe and banana so far. Going to try apple and broccoli next. He s loved the banana and sweet potatoe but i don't think he's too keen on carrot, but then having said that he eats it all each time so it can't be that bad!

How are you and Amelie getting on?

XX

Little man saw snow for the first time today! He looked out of the window with obvious fascination at our white back garden! So cute!

His teeth continue to annoy him. Poor lil chap. I've invested in some bandana dribble bibs as his tops were getting soaked. Thankfully teething hasn't put him off eating yet, so we are doing well with tasting new foods. He had some broccoli last night! I gave him some mushed up banana for breakfast and put the other half of the banana on his tray and he had great fun squishing it about!

He has learned how to blow raspberrys (sort of! Lol!) and loves to jump up and down! I think he's going to be a rough and tumble lover as he gets bigger as i was holdoing him like superman the other day and flying him around the room and he loved it! Had the biggest smile on his face!!

I'm starting to feel so much better in myself too, so i think the tablets must have kicked in. My HV suggested i contact the hospital and get someone to go through my birth notes with me, as i do have some negative feelings about my birth and a better understanding of what happened and why should help. Either way, it will be interesting.

Cam is starting to show a lot of interst in Cairo, he watches him and smiles at him and will reach out and touch him (grab him! Lol!) if he has the chance! Hoping he'll grow up with at least an interest in dog training just like his mummy and daddy. Hmmm, is it too soon to get him his first puppy? Lol!!!

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back