• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My lil Man- Cameron Elliot

Oh i see...and also because its so amazing right?

Lol!!

XX

Well you my lovely girl if it wasn't so amazing would I have the need to find it easy??????:love:

My amazing cousin gave birth to a little boy on Wednesday!! :love:

I am so happy for her and can't wait to meet him. She's not quite feeling up to visitors yet, so got to be patient.

Got 3 xmas baby grows for him and they look sooooo tiny. I can't believe Cam was that little and it wasn't really all that long ago.

Cam seems to grow bigger and stronger by the day. He is sooooooo talkative, always cooing and gurgling and chattering away. Its just the sweetest thing I've ever heard. He has started shouting recently too, not necessarily because anything is wrong but just because he can! Lol!

The only real issue we have with Cam is his puking. He is such a sicky baby! Its a miracle if he makes the day in one outfit. Its normally a minimum of two and god knows how many muslins i go through on a daily basis! Some days are better than others- this evening was not good! He didn't get too mucky but i needed a change of clothes as he threw up on my jeans and my top! Doesn't seem to worry him though and his weight gain is good. Its just a bit of an inconvenience i guess.

I don't know what is up with me though. I am so tearful all the time. I've gotten very good at controlling it but quite often on the brink. Its sometimes at such random stuff too, not what you would expect someone to cry at! Bloody hormones eh?

Put the xmas tree up today but the lights broke so Cam hasn't seen it yet. Will get some more tomorrow. Can't wait for xmas this year, its going to be so special :love:

XX

yeeey for the little cousin!!! so precious 2 boys to grow together :love:

i was putting away some of the newborn stuff for amelie and i cant believe how much she grew since then :roll:

i cant wait for christmas either though not so sure what to do to make it more special????i mean next year they will be all happy for presents etc but this year i dont know what to do exactly to mark our first ever christmas as a family ifykwim?

i cant wait to see amelie smiling all day...she is currently going through a phase of constant all day crying with the bottom lip out :wall:

Aww congrats on the new addition to the family!! Cam looks gorgeous in his outfits! And your tummy is fine! you have a lovely waist!! xx

How is Cameron doing Emily? We had one vaccine today and 2 more next week.
Baby vaccinations suck big time. I cried more than she did :blush:

He's fine thanks hun. Been a bit clingy the last few days, not cuddly as such, more just wanting company. Bless him.

Been trying to find ways to make him laugh- he has the most lovely chuckle. He's really ticklish.and likes having raspberrys blown on his neck, so that is what i spend a vast majority of my day doing!

Awww Jabs are just rubbish. Hope Amelie is ok? I need to book Cam in for his next week- he has to have 3 this time :cry:

How did Amlie cope with he jabs?

XX

She cried so much... I cried even more lol, a bit tearful all evening but nth else. She only had a hepatitis vaccine though, next week come those normal ones that you had at 8 weeks and dreading that too :(
I was reading in wonder weeks about that leap that cam is probably in. Clinginess is a big part if it and demanding constant attention.

He's so interactive with people, he just loves to chat and the older he's getting the more stimulation he's needing.

His coordination is really improving too, he's getting better at putting things in and out of his mouth.

Cam was a bit grizzly and unsettled for the evening after his jabs. I just gave him calpol and lots of snuggles.

XX

Me thinks I need more pictures of the gorgeous Cam!!
Btw saw the thread about bed routine. When did you start this one? Love it. I still swing Amelie to sleep... Bad bad idea...

Hmmm, can't remember exactly. I think we started it around six to eight weeks. For a while i was bathing him at some time between nine and ten o clock but it was too late and he would be too grumpy, so made it earlier.

I have always put him to bed awake though, even as a newborn. I would get up in the night, feed him, change him and then plonk him back in his moses basket and i would collapse into my bed in an exhausted heap! Lol!

I'll try and get some more piccys of him tomorrow. We are going to visit my cousin and her new baby :love:

XX

Took Cam to be weighed today, he is now 14lb 12oz and doing really well.

I however am not. I burst into tears while talking to the HV and after taking me to a private room for a chat, she thinks i may have PND and has advised that i go and see my gp.

The last couple of weeks i just haven't felt right...I've just felt...bleugh.

Despite the fact that Cam sleeps through, I have trouble getting up in the mornings, I'm not motivated to do much and keep randomly bursting into tears. I feel like a failure because i couldn't push Cam out myself, I had to have help and then I couldn't breast feed him either. And yet, the outcome of it all is the most perfect, gorgeous baby boy i have ever laid eyes on. Christmas is just around the corner, which I am looking foward to, prezzies are all sorted so don't need to worry about that, money is fine as my parents are helping us out, my oh is supportive and helps me with Cam, i have time to myself away from baby, i have amazing family and friends and no reason at all to feel down. And yet, I'm just not my happy self...

Will see what the gp says i guess...

XX

:hugs: I will be back as Amelie is having a crying shit fit but you are not a failure. How can you be? Look at him, you made him.

I am back!!! Sorry for that, Amelie wasn't quite ok yesterday!
PND Dosent need a reason. It just happens and it's treatable.
You don't need to suffer with it.
You are a wonderful mummy to a gorgeous boy and you have your own perfect family.
I am here if you need to chat :hug:
Did you read the thread about sensory stimulation? Some wonderful ideas in there :) lets make together some treasure chest for out LOs! Need ideas of what to put in there :)
Thinking of you.
Oh and always in need of more pictures of your little star :love:

Well, i just got back from the doctors and she has put me on antidepressants.

She thought i had come to have my coil checked...think i suprised her when i burst into tears.

Its just awful feeling like this, as i can rationalise everything and i know why i feel like it, but it doesn't help.

I feel so guilty for it too, as i look at Cam and think 'what have i got to be sad about, hes perfect, happy and healthy and yet i'm sat here in tears'.

I know its not my fault and its just one of those unlucky things. Fx the meds work quickly. There's such a stigma surrounding depression too and I almost feel embarassed to tell people, but on the other hand i think its healthy to talk about it.

Then to top it all off, i come home to an email from my boss inviting me to work in the new year, for a team meeting so I can be brought up to speed on changes for 2013 and meet the new staff. Seriously!!!! I am on maternity LEAVE! Leave being the operative word here! I couldn't give a shit about what is happening at work right now! Needless to say i will not be attending!

Who cares what others think about depression???
My opinion is you wouldn't refuse pain relief for the dentist why should you refuse treatment for depression.
Well done for acting fast. The sun will shine brighter really soon.
Post Partum depression is a well know thing and is not your fault nor you could prevent it. It's nth like being ungrateful.
It's sth treatable, common and the treatment will not last forever :)
I hope you will tell me in a week that you feel much better :)

Lol for your boss! It sounds exactly like mine....
He was just texting me earlier asking me if I finished editing the article...
My response was no Amelie had her vaccines I am sure you remember how hard that is. Be patient I will do it eventually....

Emily how long can stay cam awake between naps ??
I think I have such a sleepy baby... She needs to nap every 90 min or all hell brakes loose.

Right going to try to fix the oven mess :) chin up my dear you did nth wrong and you have nth to be ashamed :love:

Thanks hun.

I know i would never think badly of someone with PND, quite the opposite infact, but i can't help but worry that people will judge. I guess what worries me most, is people thinking I'm a bad mum because of it. I know I'm not a bad mum though. I'm a great mum with a happy little boy who is thriving! :)

In regards to him napping, i can't say I've ever taken much notice. It really varies though. Sometimes he'll be awake all morning and hardly nap at all. Othertimes he'll wake up eat and go back to sleep again. Other tims he'll nap for ten minutes and then be up and ready to go again.

Hope you can get the oven mess sorted hun :hug:

XX

Piccys!! Sleeping, smiling and sticking out tongues!

:)

XX

Attachments

• Photo0274.jpg
    Photo0274.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Photo0275.jpg
    Photo0275.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Photo0276.jpg
    Photo0276.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Photo0277.jpg
    Photo0277.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 4
Hope, i thought i would record Cam's naps today, in answer to your question yesterday. So far:

Woke up at 8.20 and then napped at 10.45 until 11.15

XX

Amelie woke up at 7. Slept at 8.30-12 :faint: and now it's 13.30 and she is sleeping again :faint:
That Dosent even surprise me after the last nights that she finally drop off at 12 for the night...
I only wish I could help her really :(

Cameron's naps sound more than normal compared to my girly :roll:

A little early obviously to ask but are you feeling any better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back