My lil Man- Cameron Elliot

Have our first sickness bug to deal with. Poor boy was sick 5 times last night one of which was quite spectacularly all in his bed! He was so upset bless him. We brought him downstairs with us for a while luckily as vom was still forthcoming and I slept in his room last night. He was fine overnight but did bring up his first drink of water this morning. So far breakfast has stayed down and he seems quite bright but I'm so on edge!! I'm really not good with sick although I've coped much better than I thought I would. I suppose it's different when it's your children. I need to pop to Tesco in a bit and I'm so scared he'll puke in Tesco!!! Eeek!!

His talking has really improved this week two and he's now regularly saying four would sentences. One of my favs 'it's a baby triceratops' bless! He'll sing wind the bobbin up, wheels on the bus, twinkle twinkle and a few more! So sweet!! This stage has been quite challenging in so many ways but it's so lovely too!

XX

So this bloody sickness bug lasted for a whole week! Puke for a day be fine for a day, repeat, repeat!! I hate him being poorly and I get incredibly anxious about puke apparently, so didn't cope brilliantly if I'm honest!!

He is being the cutest little man ever at the moment and he total melts my heart I swear!! He has memorised one of his story books. 'How do Dinosaurs say Goodnight?' and will 'read' it to me at bedtime once I've read it to him. It is the cutest thing ever. EV-ER!!

His prezzies are pretty much sorted for Christmas and I'm really looking forward to it this year as he is talking about Christmas already having seen all the decorations in the shops and things! It's lovely. We always have a big traditional family Christmas at my mum and dads! There will def be eight of us but nine if my step son is with us this year but hopefully there'll be ten of us as I'm hoping to be sporting a little teeny bubba by Christmas. Have to wait and see!!

XX

'I so loves you mummy' was what my little man said to me this morning. Talk about heart meltingly cute! I look at him sometimes and feel quite overwhelmed by how much I love him. I just want to wrap my arms around him and squeeze him so hard and never let go!!! He says and does the sweetest things. He'll play pretend and have a chat with his older brother but he'll change his voice for R's part and make it deeper! He dotes on his big bro, when he came round this weekend he went running out to the hallway and said ' oh hello R its so nice to see you' Bless!

Some recent piccys of my scrummy lil man! Sitting in the washing basket reading a book (as you do), helping grandad with the pooter and his impression of the old man in 'Up' ( btw he doesn't need glasses he just likes to try on everyone elses!)

XX

Attachments

• 20141119_161700.jpg
    20141119_161700.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20141116_181441.jpg
    20141116_181441.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20141126_120617.jpg
    20141126_120617.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 13
Camm had his two year review this week. Biggest waste of time ever!

HV barely looked at the questionnaires, asked if I had any concerns, commented numerous times on how good his speech was, commented repeatedly about how we could weigh him and measure his height but it didn't really matter as long as I wasn't worried (Cam point blank refused to stand on the scales!) and that was about it.

Cam has been poorly for a couple of weeks with a cough and cold so we are off to the docs tomorrow to check his chest etc is OK and see if there is anything we can give him.

His appetite has been rubbish recently what with being poorly and when I bathed him tonight I think he looks like he's lost weight. I'll mention it to gp when I'm there tomorrow and see if they think he's Ok weigh wise. I haven't had him weighed since his one year check so no clue if he's dropped weight recently. Of course if he won't stand on the scales then we'll still never know!! He's been quite difficult recently with not wanting to do things and tantruming over it so it could be interesting if doc wants to weigh him! Well we'll have to wait and see!

XX

Hope Cam is feeling a bit better now?

It's that time of year I guess!

I used to get James weighed religiously (I was like some kind of demented lady actually - used to go every two weeks when he was a baby in arms) but its amazing how you just start to get comfortable with them growing / thriving.

Always worth mentioning to Dr if they have been off their food tough.

X

He's better but still not 100% so back to the doc on Tuesday for a re-check.

Doc wasn't worried about his eating and said he'll make up for it when he's feeling better.

He's being a bloody nightmare at bedtime atm!! He's all happy and smiley and chatty and lovely and I read his story then he 'reads' (recites) it to me, I give him a kiss, tuck him in, tell him I love him and turn out the light and he's fine. Then I leave the room and close the door and he starts whining and gets out of bed. I lost count of the number of times I put him back tonight :wall: it's driving me mad!! I literally can't even cross the landing and get down the stairs before he's out! A couple of nights he's got really upset and almost sounded quite panicked but I can't for the life of me figure out what is the matter!! He's also got out of bed in the wee hours on a couple of nights and as I can't be arsed with spending hours getting him back into bed I'm just bringing him in with us. Just hope I'm not making a rod for my own back! It's not very dark in his room so I don't think it's him being scared of the dark! I just don't know what is wrong!! Just bloody annoying though!! Especially when we are trying to make him a baby brother or sister!!

XX

Touch wood we seem to have got over the bedtime madness! He's been much better recently.

He did his first ever poop on the toilet yesterday. I was drying him off after his bath and he said he needed a poo. I sat him on the loo and he got so upset and wanted to get down and said he didn't need a poo. I got him down and he promptly pee'd on the floor!! Short while later he starts straining so I plonked him on the toilet, cue more upset but when he got down, he'd been!! I told him he was such a clever boy and clapped and generally got very excited. Cam was fascinated by it and we had to spens the next ten minutes looking at it and showing it to his T-Rex!! He then wanted to try and do more poos bless him! I think it might have been a bit of a fluke and more down to good timing on my part but we'll see if he wants to use the toilet again. I was planning on potty training him in the summer but couldn't just let him poop on my floor!!

XX

My little man is no longer so little.. He'll turn three in six months!! :shock: OMG where does the time go?

He is such a character and a feisty little fella who certainly knows his own mind. His talking is brilliant and you can have full on conversations with him.

He is obsessed by dinosaurs and trains and I have also watched Free Willy like a gazillion times! The dreaded 'can we watch a wale mummy?' I swear I know it off by heart!

I need to start thinking about getting his free nursery hours sorted although I have no idea where to start with it? I reckon Cam will love nursery once he's all settled in. It's the type of environment I think he'll flourish in.

XX

James' go to film is Cars 2 and I know it off by heart. I loved that film before I saw it a zillion times lol...

I have no idea about nursery. I have put James' name down for our local one but he's not due there until Jan 2016. I guess Cam will start this Sept?.

X

Yeah, he turns 3 in August :shock:

I'll ask Google about how to sort the free hours, I'm sure he'll know!

So Cam seems to have latched on to a new film called Dinosaurus!! It's so old it looks like it was made when dinosaurs roamed thd earth!! Still, keeps him happy :)

XX

My poor baby boy is so poorly.

He was sick about 7 times on Thurdsay, loose tum on Friday and then diarrhoea Sat, Sun and today.

He must have pooped overnight last night as he came running into the bedroom at 6.30 pooping and crying and when I changed him his scrotum and penis are so red and sore. He's walking like John Wayne and cries and screams when I try and clean him and put his cream on. It's heart wrenching my poor baby!

He is barely eating and just wants to cuddle up with me or go to sleep. He never naps in the day normally but he literally can't keep his eyes open the last couple of days.

Just want to magic it all away for him :-(

XX

It's just one bloody illness after the other!!

He's had a cough and a cold one after the other since November. Last one cleared up just as he got the sickness and diarrhoea a week or so ago.

Today, he's got a really runny nose again and he was coughing again last night. Aaaargh he's just got rid of a cold and now he's got another one!! :wall:

Poor lil man :-(

XX

Handed in Cam's application for nursery today!

:shock:

I can't believe that this time next year he will be a couple of months away from starting school!!!!

I hope he likes it at nursery.

They've got four one hour long taster sessions that I'll take him to so he can get a feel for it all. I think he'll love it once he's settled. It'll probably be harder on me than it will be for him!

Hopefully we can get the sessions we want for him.

Eeek! He's growing up way too fast!!

XX

I think my mummy initiation is now complete... We have just had our first case (of many no doubt) of head lice.

Blinking things! Of course as soon as I find one on Cam, my head went from fine to insanely itchy!!

Doused ourselves in bug juice this morning so hopefully that'll be that for the time being!

XX

So Cam has his third taster session at nursery today.

He just wanders off as soon as we get there and seems very happy and not too concerned about where I am.

Next week I might leave him there for the hour and see how he goes without me? Not sure though...

I bought some big boy pants today too and we will be starting potty training properly on Sunday!

Eeek! Growing up way too fast!!

XX

So we've bought some big boy pants today ready to start potty training on Sunday.

Got two packs of dinosaur pants, one pack of monsters, and one pack of plain. That's 22 altogether! I may have gone a bit overboard but I figured it's better to have plenty in case of accidents.

He's used the potty and the toilet quite a few times already but only for poos so far, no wees, and he's obviously still in nappies. From Sunday he will be in pants and only in nappies over night.

I'm feeling ok about it all though. Hopeful he'll pick it up quickly. Just another step away from being my little baby and frustrating into my little boy.

XX

Good luck Hun! I'm sure Cam will pick it up really quickly. I really need to get Harry out of nappies but he's so stubborn! I will be pestering you for tips!! Xx

Potty training day one: he forced out a teeny poop nugget on the toilet and did a little wee on the potty. Had about five accidents.

Day two: so far one wee on the potty. No accidents. He seems to have gone on strike though! Not sure how he's managing to hold himself!! He must need to go again soon!!!

Strike over- he had one little accident. Then a successful poop on the potty- more to me plonking him it not him asking but we still high fived and stickers on the chart etc. Bless him!

XX

Last edited:
Day two ended up as two accidents and two successes.

Day three: he asked for his potty this morning even though he was wearing his nappy! He said he wanted chocolate and I said he could have some if he did wees and poos in the potty. He said he wanted the potty right now so I undressed him and he sat himself on it and did a wee!!! I'm well chuffed!! :) :)

I'm less chuffed about the copious amounts of chocolate buttons he's consumed already! Apparently two means eat one and then grab a handful and stuff them in quick!!!

Hopefully the rest of the day will continue in the same vein!

:)

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back