my Lil boy wont stop feeding?! (boobie feeding)

charlotteheys85

Reaction score
I'm boobie feeding my lil man, and last 3days he wont stop feeding, for example, this morning hes only just stopped since 9.30 this morning.. 2hrs!! last night he fed from 12.00pm till 2.30 am... hes only going about 1hr and half between feeds to..

my nipples are sooooooooo sore, whats going on? xx

Probably a growth spurt!... it's all normal and will calm down soon. In them early days i'd just either stay in bed or curl up on sofa with LO and watch dvd's :D

keli said:
Probably a growth spurt!... it's all normal and will calm down soon. In them early days i'd just either stay in bed or curl up on sofa with LO and watch dvd's :D

i thought growth spurt.. my nipples are sooo sore i had to express milk, last nite he had 4oz of my milk aswell as boobie feeding for over 2hours... hes going to be huge at this rate hehe...

i dont mind him feeding, just nipples are sooo sore, got that expensive cream (l something, in purple tube, but it doesnt get chance to work before his nxt feed)

any suggetions? xx

keli said:

i thought growth spurt.. my nipples are sooo sore i had to express milk, last nite he had 4oz of my milk aswell as boobie feeding for over 2hours... hes going to be huge at this rate hehe...

i dont mind him feeding, just nipples are sooo sore, got that expensive cream (l something, in purple tube, but it doesnt get chance to work before his nxt feed)

any suggetions? xx

Keep popping the cream on, let as much air as possible to them nips also make sure you've got a good comfortable bra and use breast pads so your nips are not rubbing against anything. Also the pain should only be when LO latches on not all the way through feed if the latter is the case maybe you need to get latch checked. ( sure its fine ) It does get better. I know it feels like they are always on boob as i said just chill and enjoy the special moments together. :hug:

keli said:
Keep popping the cream on, let as much air as possible to them nips also make sure you've got a good comfortable bra and use breast pads so your nips are not rubbing against anything. Also the pain should only be when LO latches on not all the way through feed if the latter is the case maybe you need to get latch checked. ( sure its fine ) It does get better. I know it feels like they are always on boob as i said just chill and enjoy the special moments together. :hug:

i took my lil one to docs after m/w said he had oral thrush, dr said he didnt, but then m/w said he did again, so saw diff doc and he said he had a lil thrush so gave me a gel for him but nothing for my nipples.. obveously i'll be carrying it too, i have the sytmoms.. shooting pains in boobs and sore nipples... the itching like CRAZYYYY maybe its this?? xx

If you've got thrush you will need something for your nips, but in the mean while i'd just pop some of the gel on them after a feed. Thrush is small clumps of white stuff in LO's mouth. If your using the Daktarin gel becareful becos its not recommend on LO's under 3 mths. I used it on Cooper before then as we had it but just put a tiny amount on your finger and wipe on tongue. The reason its not recommend on Lo's so young is becos its quite thick and can cover LO's airway meaning they could choke. I got all this info on the net not from doctor. If your boobs are infected with thrush ,which they may not be, but always best to treat the nipple you'll get pains well after the feed deep in your breasts and you could have white bits on your nips. I'd go back to the doctors, or you can speak to your HV to get some proper cream for your nips ( tis a pain as with LO feeding so much you have to clean and make sure all cream gone before feeding.) Hope it cleans soon :hug:

keli said:
If you've got thrush you will need something for your nips, but in the mean while i'd just pop some of the gel on them after a feed. Thrush is small clumps of white stuff in LO's mouth. If your using the Daktarin gel becareful becos its not recommend on LO's under 3 mths. I used it on Cooper before then as we had it but just put a tiny amount on your finger and wipe on tongue. The reason its not recommend on Lo's so young is becos its quite thick and can cover LO's airway meaning they could choke. I got all this info on the net not from doctor. If your boobs are infected with thrush ,which they may not be, but always best to treat the nipple you'll get pains well after the feed deep in your breasts and you could have white bits on your nips. I'd go back to the doctors, or you can speak to your HV to get some proper cream for your nips ( tis a pain as with LO feeding so much you have to clean and make sure all cream gone before feeding.) Hope it cleans soon :hug:

funny you shud say about gel, docgave it me, but when i read leaflet said not for 4mnths or under, so i rang dr he said its def ok to use, so i researched online, and got same as what you did, i just make sure i give him lil bit and in day and last feed not in nite just incase, and i've been using lil bit on my nipples, def sumthing up with my boobs, gettin painful shooting pains and itching burning etc :( his mouth has cleared up completly :) xx

Glad LO's mouth cleared up.. that was quick! I'd speak to your HV/Doctor about your boobs :hug:

Oh babe I totally sympathise! I gave up BF at 6 weeks because it was waaaaay too much! First she had thrush, so I got it on my nipples, then we found out she had a tongue tie so wasn't latching and THEN my nipples got blistered because she wasn't giving me enough time between feeds to let them heal a bit!

How about expressing for a couple of days, give your nips a break and try again after that? Or nipple shields, they helped with me when times were hard!

Or, rub in a bit of breast milk and let it dry - it puts moisture back into your nips :D

The first 6 weeks are apparently the hardest, ride it out and you'll be fine I'm sure!! :hug: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back