• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My IVF drugs call - Ouchy!!

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Well I had a call from the company that the clinic uses to provide you with all the drugs and kit you need for ivf, she wanted to arrange delivery for monday or thursday next week. The OFU schedule has not yet arrived and so I don't even know what dose of stimulating hormone I'm on yet, and the private prescription has not arrived either (so I can try to shop about). I had to try and find a bedroom to go in to take the call, as My eldest was loitering in the kitchen, my daughter in her room, Devon was in my room asleep!, Toby's room is off the kitchen, and so I ended up whispering in my eldests room, prob came accross very strange to the lady!!

So she read off the list and the prices and I need to call her back. (below spellings are guesses!!)

70p for 1x Dicolfenic supository
£46.83 for 30x Cyclogest Pesseries
£23.00 for 1x Ovitrelle Trigger shot
£840.00 for 5 vials menopur x 600 multidose pens
£168.84 for 2x Nasal DR sprays
Includes sharps bin and everything I need

Grand total = £1079.37 is you use a debit card or £1196.00 on credit card!

Ouchy is all I can say.... So I need my prescription to arrive so I can go to Asda and superdrug and see if cheeper. (and I may have not quite got the above down correctly as Iv'e not seen it in writing yet, and have no idea of what dose of stim hormones I'll be on, I work that out as 250 whatevers , for 12 days, maybee they give you more than 12 days to cover you.

Last edited:
wow thats a shock to the bank ballance hey but will all be worth it :) , i would be so confused with all that going round in my head am terrible with info overload my brain explodes lmao xx

I have recently been through ivf and after much shopping around found morrisons to be the cheapest place. I too took some of those drugs, I will check the prices when I get home to give you a comparison.

Omg! This IVF is expensive business hey?
At least this all gives me an idea when I start next year x

Bloody hell crazy how much they are but will be well worth it Xxxx

I have recently been through ivf and after much shopping around found morrisons to be the cheapest place. I too took some of those drugs, I will check the prices when I get home to give you a comparison.

Thanks baby treasure, I will look online to see if a pharmacy in a morrisons near me, I am trying an asda pharmacy tomorow, and superdrug today put me off a bit, as they would save approx £100 on menopur, they came with the solvent, but not the needles etc , I wouldn't have a clue what to buy there, plus get sharps bin etc.:wall2:

Horrayyyy - I have sorted the drugs now!

I needed to do some ringing round, so I took Devon to Todlers , wore him out and brought him home for a sleepso I could use the phone and concentrate!! I rang other drug supply companies and Asda , and Asda were cheeper for the main drug Menopur, but would not be able to supply the kit to go with it containing ampule snappers, syringes, needles etc DOH!! Rang back the favored supplier whos quote had already been provided via the clinic i'm at and asked if I could buy the kit from them if I buy everything else from them, just not the menopur, and they said no!! So , back to ringing round!!

I did get confused in the middle , because prescription doesn't actually tell you what needles, syringes, ampule decapper thingys you need, sharps bin, and being a first timer, I haven't got a clue!!

So having watched both types of menopur being made up , and what you get on U-tube in each kit ( by a clinic profesional - actually from my clinic!) I was better able to make my calls and feel much happier about the whole thing!!

After an hour and a half , I nearly gave up and had near decided to just order from the original company, thinking this must be why people use them, when I had a call back from another direct supplier, who is now selling me the lot including the menopur kit for grand total of £740.00, a saving of £339 from the original quote!!!!

Sent off my details form and my original external prescription and will wait for a call next week to arrange delivery and cough up the cash!!

Phew , a happy JJ now!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back