Hospital bag

evie_smith

Reaction score
Need to know what else to add please read my long list and help :) I'm using the same bag for labour and after

For me-
2x hair bands
Labouring nightie
Staying in nightie
Nursing bra
Comb and toothbrush
Shampoo and conditioner
Toothpaste
1x nursing vest for home time
1x longer top for over vest
1x nursing bracelet with time counter on
1x big pack maternity pads
4x pairs breast padds
3x old knickers
Deodrant

For baby-
2x pairs scratch mitts
1x baby towel
1x swaddle wrap
1x lavender bath wash
10x pampers size 1
Handful cotton balls (I don't use wipes for three months)
A little spill proof pot for water (to wet the cotton balls)
2x vests (1 newborn 1 0-3)
A tiny toy for show lol
2x newborn sleepsuits
1x newborn outfit
5x ear budds
1x nail clippers (baby)
2x hats
1x bib
1x muslin cloth

The coat and a thicker blanket I will put inside car seat for hubby to pick me up with

Jeans for comming out coz I have packed tops I will grab at the last min as I need them before then lol

What else do I need???

WOW thats alot things i didnt think you need that much to be honest cant you tell im a first time mum

I'm sure I had more packed for my first two I just remembered lip balm and last min phone charger coz that my camara and my keep you lot upto dat direct tool lol!!! I also got to put a to call list in and parking money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep lol the only reason I haven't got my own towels is coz im gonna knick there's haha! And only got ten nappies coz I know they supply them too x

I have to say, one thing I shoved in just incase but ended up being brilliant were disposable changing mats! I used pretty much all of them and it saved poo and sick getting on my sheets a fair few times (I was in for a few days though), but id totally recommend them :D

Sounds like a good list though!

in a book i got when i went to the hospital it tells u the essintals and its not as much as what you have got lol ppl would think i was moving into the hospital lol do you know what your having yet

I have to say, one thing I shoved in just incase but ended up being brilliant were disposable changing mats! I used pretty much all of them and it saved poo and sick getting on my sheets a fair few times (I was in for a few days though), but id totally recommend them :D

Ooh where did you get these from? I can't seem to find these anywhere!!!

No I'm due in 7-8 weeks I'm having a surprise - I tried to get away with packing less with my son but they don't let you leave till you have bathed the baby and they don't supply hats or clothes an ask you to bring in at least three sets and a coat and blanket lol! I think it's so their wash powder don't effect babys skin one change of clothes for after birth one for after wash and one for going home and they won't let you leave unless you have a car seat and a coat and blanket lol!! X

Ooh where did you get these from? I can't seem to find these anywhere!!!

I got them in a starter huggies pack from boots but Ive seen them sold seperately in boots as well. They truly are fab! :)

You can buy them in asda too I plan to use my travel mat :)

Wow Evie your good - I love peoples bag lists, makes it seem so near birth and exciting for you.

Is 4 sets of breast pads enougth? I suppose it doesn't come in for a few days properly

Where is your basic essentials makeup kit! you have to look hot in your photos Hun!

Where did you get the non spill pot for water, I prefer water for a while too

Please tell me more about the braclet, have you got a piccy? I have never heard of this , and I want to breastfeed this time.

Oooh what about a light dressing gown and slippers, for those manky hospital floors!

Last edited:
I have put some slipper socks in and am just gonna grap a Cardigan as my dressing gown is a mahoozive eeyore one from the Disney shop and would need the Same size bag just for that one item haha!! I have packed foundation, blush, mascara, and some lippy with a tini mirror just forgot to write it down haha and a little blue and pink hat hehe! I shall see if there is a pic of my bracelet on the net it has 1-12 in it for hours of the day and three beads inbetween for quarter past, half past and quarter to so you can keep a track of how long ago you last fed the baby and you swap sides coz you got to do right boob then top up on left boob then left boob to start the next feed and top up on right boob lol!!!! So it just keeps reminding you ahh it's on my left wrist now so I must start there lol!! Let me search for a pick if I can't find one I shall see if the link is still on eBay lol!!

http://wap.ebay.co.uk/Pages/ViewItem.aspx?aid=380247350537&sv=Breastfeeding%20bracelet&emvcc=0

This should work from a mobile lol! If it don't work at all search breastfeeding counter in eBay and it's the only result x

Jeans? Wow your good, i will be in my sweats! lol! Sod the glamour....

I got a well comfy pair of maternity jeans that feel like comfys they are under the bump maternity so they will last for years hopefully x

ur list sounds good....

r u giving ur other kids gifts from new baby?? xx

I was going too but it's really expensive as it is being my daughters birthday is 11th sept I'm due 6th oct and my sons birthday is 26th oct then there is three family members to buy for in nov niece and nephews then Christmas in dec lol!!! Soooo no haha! They will hve too many presents and can't afford it unfortunatally x

when i was in hosp a woman gave her kids like cheapish toys... prob spent bout a fiver ya kno just a token lol errr vix anything cos kids at that age will want anything and everything haha... i spose ur 2 evie are used to other kids anyway .... was looking thru ur pics ur kids r bootiful, ive a feeling ull have to lock zander up!! lol ;) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back