My husband had a confession......

Fordee

Reaction score
He confessed he has realised that he does NOTHING around the house!
I think what he was actually trying to say in a nice, don't-pee-the-pregnant-lady-off-kind-of-way, is that our house has turned into a bit of a pit on the last few weeks! And to be honest, I know. Usually I keep on top of things, like everything in its place, like the house smelling lovely and clean when I walk through the door, make freshly prepared meals for us each day and its all GONE OUT THE WINDOW! We are slumming it big time.
Since Christmas I have managed to do the day to day tasks; go to work, look after DD & take her to her sports or clubs after school, do the washing, tidy up when very necessary, cook the simplest of meals and sleep! I have no energy for anything else so feel like I'm being swamped very quickly. I certainly hope tri 2 will put a big boot up my arse cos I have a weeks' worth of organising & cleaning to do. And next week is half term so its only gonna get worse.
In the meantime, I'm off to find some sand to bury my head in.......:shock:

lol, that really made me smile, my DH has no clue when it comes to house work, and i'm pretty much the same in i dont want to do anything except the bare essentials, i get in from work cook dinner eat it and fall asleep hehe. where as on the weekend i sleep, eat, pop out for an hour or so to get some fresh air, come home, eat and sleep some more!

I have to say, I'm the one who does nothing in our house atm- literally! Just have no motivation

I'm sorry to say I'm the same as babyem. Hubby has done the housework.

That being said, the place isn't nearly as clean and tidy as it is when I'm doing everything, but he's been fab. Bless him x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

me either, i'm sat at work and just asked the care taker to get my printout from another printer 35ft away lol

lol well you should see the state of our house at the moment.... according to my husband I have OCD and I love cleaning/clearing. I am just too exhausted and whilst there is a decent level of cleanliness in our house at the moment I am just a few steps away from my worst nightmare....Hubby is ironing his own shirts and doing the vacuuming but I need to dust and polish badly.... managing to do the bathrooms but it's taking me twice as long because I am so tired!

Feel slightly better knowing that I am not the only one who has slipped slightly....x

me either, i'm sat at work and just asked the care taker to get my printout from another printer 35ft away lol

:rotfl: Blimey! Suddenly I'm not feeling quite as lazy as I did................! Thanks Sproglett! You have cheered me up.

lol well you should see the state of our house at the moment.... according to my husband I have OCD and I love cleaning/clearing. I am just too exhausted and whilst there is a decent level of cleanliness in our house at the moment I am just a few steps away from my worst nightmare....Hubby is ironing his own shirts and doing the vacuuming but I need to dust and polish badly.... managing to do the bathrooms but it's taking me twice as long because I am so tired!

Feel slightly better knowing that I am not the only one who has slipped slightly....x

Slipped slightly? I would say more like fell off the edge of a cliff! :doh:

I've not had any visitors for weeks either since my social leper status has upped a few notches. So no motivation to do anything about it either. Oh dear!

Lol, im reading this and looking at the state of the room around me! My oh has been great and is really helping out, but just doesnt seem to think of doing certain things,eg dusting, hoovering! And I dont want to mention them to him because I know he is trying his hardest to help and I dont want him to feel I dont appreciate it! So for now, the bare minimum will need to do and I will happily sit around in our own mess until my motivation returns....or until someone reports me to the cleanliness police,lol!

am so jealous of your other halfs! mine is a lazy git and we had a total barnie about it yesterday!! he works Mon-Fri and has every weekend off. And the last 2 weekends he has done NOTHING! i do shift work and on my days off I have been doing the food shopping, putting the bins out, dishes, cleaning floors, bathroom, all the tidying up AND cooking every night!

he has been told he needs to sort himself out, and stop being such a lazy *******.

Oh hun, you definately need help.... my hubby does stuff but only when asked, I think that is just his nature. I would love for him to tidy up of his own accord! x

have u tried doing just one room at a time? worked for me its how i manage to get things done x

have u tried doing just one room at a time? worked for me its how i manage to get things done x

I could... But I really can't be bothered :( x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I live with my OH & my brother two men who really hate doing housework, they're just so used to me doing it i think it's been a shock to the system for them!... Some days i come home and the house is clean and tidy, other days they slip back into old habits and it's a tip, then they moan when they come in and their dirty plates are where they were left!..

Just lacking energy massively, and since we only moved house 10 days ago, i not only have cleaning but a LOT of unpacking to do, as well as trying to cram in the rest of my management work qualifications before i go on maternity leave so i can go back and not have to carry on with it... What have i done this evening, None of that ^^!! I came home had a nap, had dinner, opened the document my works on sighed and closed it again now i'm on here! Oops.

Oh well least i'm not the only one, don't feel bad not doing anything though blame it on your LO using all your energy :p! I used to love keeping busy and would come in and dive straight into house work, i just feel so lazy! like jayjay said. I can't be bothered! lol x

Last edited:
Im really lucky my lovely OH does everything!!! Since we found out im pregnant he wont let me even pick up a cloth to clean. Long may it continue lol xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back