my health centre is useless!!

Me, My Girls & I

Reaction score
am well unimpressed! most of you already know of the drama with my HV. and somehow my MW worked me out at being 36 weeks last week and told me to book in for 2 weeks time. well it took me a while to realise that 2 weeks i'll be 39 weeks and i need to be seen at 38.

so i rang them this morning to make an appt for tomorrow. when you go in, you're always waiting at reception cos they're all on the phone...so how come when you ring, you're always left waiting too?!

when she eventually picks up, she says there's no appts for tomorrow...then goes, oh wait there is one :roll: asks for my name and says is it this address? i was like, no i came in last monday and changed it. she says, oh we must just have not done it yet :shock: a week to update some details!! and katie's dad text yesterday to say i had a letter from them, they'd sent out her 12month jab appt to his house. fecking useless i swear!!!!

I'm the same with my doctor surgery, I could strangle them sometimes, a monkey would do a better job x

Mine are ace... but have had some equally crap ones so we refuse to move out of the catchment area for them...

Go kick some ass Alice

when i go in in the morning i'm gona ask if its been changed. if not i really want to know why, it's been over a week!! plus, i've moved cos i've split up with her daddy, so he can be getting things about me and katie and just not passing them on. plus i'm having a baby soon, what if the midwives and sthat have the wrong address to come out to afterwards??

For all they know you mightnt want her dad to see the info, but they don't really care unfortunatly.. You should definitly enquire and make sure it is done on the day, updating customer details takes all of 20 seconds x

Last edited:
totally agree alice! it ridiculous it's taken them this long to chat it :wall2: i suppose we're really lucky, our surgery is great, they even do the GTT there! but some of the receptionist's can be a bit nasty x

they're just really stupid here!! like, my GP retired, and the first i knew about it was when i rung up to make an appt! just so so useless!! thankfully OHs been really good and told me i had a letter off the health centre,w hich is katie's jabs on weds, but he could easily have not have told me!!

glad he's being helpful hon :hug: it's amazing how things differ from place to place, our's has just grown and grown, but it's good to no you can see the same doc when you want. good luck for katies jabs, maddi found them fine and tell's katie a few tears mean a few choc buttons :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back