my friend

Craig09

Reaction score
hi guys, im new to this forum and sorry if its rude but i come to you all with a situation. not entirely sure im posting this in the right place so if i mod wants to move it go ahead, anyway here goes:

basically my friends girlfriend is pregnant. she had unprotected sex with a guy like, late november early december. then she started dating my friend and they first had sex on dec 20th (i only know the date cos it was his birthday) a couple of days later she came to him and said she thinks shes pregnant, and i told him that if she is it wouldnt be his as it would be too soon.

now around a couple of weeks ago, she had a miscarriage scare i believe and she says she went to the doctor who did a scan and said the baby was 6 weeks along (which, given the dates would make the first guy the daddy) and then about a week ago she supposedly went for another scan as she was again afraid she was having a miscarriage and was told that the baby was 4 weeks gone. she said she told the doctor the dates of when she slept with my friend and the other guy and was told that my friend was definately the dad.

now i dont know if anyone can give any advice on this? or what they think at all? i dont know a lot about pregnancy but if anyone has any input as to what they think the case is here itd be much appreciated

thanks

Oooh, really tough one Craig. TBH I'd say that the reason the scans have given diff results is that it's really really hard to date so early. One of them is wrong, cos it's done on size. So if at the first scan the baby was 2-5mm (can be anywhere between at 6wks), there's no way it could be 1/2-1mm (the size at 4wks) a week later. Sorry this doesn't help much, but I'm afraid the best answer is probably you/he'll have to wait and see for a bit longer. At least it sounds like she's being totally honest with your mate about what's going on.

PS this is further complicated by the fact that, when they say you're six weeks pregnant, this does not mean six weeks since conception (i.e. when you had sex). It means six weeks from the date of your last period, more likely to be around four weeks since conception. So if it was the first guy's, I'd have thought she'd be more like eight or nine weeks by now.

Hi Craig,

Its hard to tell as its so early but as the girls have said, if she was told she was 6 weeks pregnant it most likely means she is only about 4 weeks so its probably your friends... if she was further gone then they would of been able to measure her. I mean if she slept with somebody end of november she would be a lot further gone.. hope this helps x

eep thats a hard question! dont wanna patronise u but do u know that u count weeks from the date of the girls last period (so when she wasnt even pregnant)? so like i am 5 weeks pregnant but it was my period that happened 5 weeks ago, i actually got pregnant only 3 weeks ago. do u kno what i mean? so one of the scans might be saying 6 weeks pregnant, the other one might mean the same thing, but mean that the baby is 4 weeks gestation (which would be 6 weeks pregnant)

erm idk if a clearblue digi conception indicator test might work??? if they say 2-3 that means 4-5 weeks pregnant, etc.

hi guys, thanks for all the advice. after reading it all ive just decided to let it go instead of trying to work out who the dad is, but yeah thanks again everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back