Medical Advice!!

ZoeM

Reaction score
Hi everyone :wave: :wave:

Well, I was six weeks preg yesterday. :cheer: :cheer:

I had a missed miscarriage in Jan/Feb this year and was told by the hospital that if I get preg again, I should ask my doctor if I can be referred to the Early Pregnancy Unit at the hospital for a scan at eight weeks. (This is because I didn't realise I had had a miscarriage until I went for my twelve week scan, only to find that, horrifyingly, there was just a big black preg sac there with no baby in it!! They said my baby had probably died at around 7 weeks)

So I went along to tell my GP yesterday and to ask her to refer me....

She told me that "they only refer bleeders" to the Early Pregnancy Unit!! and she would write to the Antinatal Dep and get me a booking in appointment. She said it could take two - four weeks, so I probably won't get a scan at eight weeks!! :shock: :shock:

Why do they tell you stuff if it's not true??

Zo

my sisters period was 3 months late, our GP gave her a pregnancy test which was -. she asked her to go back if AF didnt arrive...a few weeks later nothing happend. Her GP said she wasnt pregnant and thats it. She asked for a scan or blood test and they wouldnt do it!! :shock: its unbelieveable really. I dont know how they can get away with it

Dont get me stated with doctors Im in the process of changing mine. She gave me a horrible scare she said I had PCOS without doing any testsor anything and said I would never concieve naturally again. Proved her wrong.

Its another case of post code lottery Im afraid....

I know this because I moved from Nottingham, were the hospital would scan you from 4 weeks, to Essex were they will not scan you unless you are bleeding

:wall: NHS :wall:

That is a disgrace, I was bleeding and still didnt get a scan told to wait and see???? Well fingers crossed for you hon

I'd be tempted to go back and ask again.

Firstly, if you badger the doctor enough they are likely just to refer you on to keep you happy!

I'd just go back and say that they specifically told you at the time of the MC to have an early scan this time. Say that it's making you really anxious (which I imagine it is) and that you can't sleep etc. Hopefully if you lay it on thick enough they will cave.

You could also try seeing a different doctor at the same surgery.

I guess it could be a geography thing as to what local policy is but if you were specifically told it by the hospital, you'd think the GP would know.

I don't think not having the scan puts you at any medical risk and that's why they aren't fussed to organise it - but I would have thought to put your mind at rest after your MC would be a good enough reason to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back