My Favourite Position

Fluffy Bunny

Reaction score
Ok, so theres no bump or anything yet (just a bit of bloating towards the end of the day :oops: ) but I'm starting to feel uncomfortable sleeping on my belly - it just kinda hurts and feels like I'm squishing stuff.
I'm sad :cry: cause I ALWAYS sleep on my belly and get dead ratty having to sleep on my side, its just not comfy :shakehead:

Anyone else not able to sleep on their belly already?

....and to all you dirty minded first triers who thought the title was aimed at something else :shakehead: :shakehead: ....

Yep I'm another front sleeper who's finding it uncomfortable already! And I know this is the most comfortable it'll be for the next few months as well I'm afraid!

But the first sleep on your belly after LO is born is the most satisfying feeling ever!

Experiment with cushions to get comfy - I found that a pillow between the legs can really help sleeping on your side, especially as the bump grows. By 3rd tri we'll be kicking our OHs out of bed just to make room for all the pillows to prop us up!

chickadee1976 said:
:rotfl: Sorry but i must have a dirty mind.. was not what i was expecting.

You've obviously forgotten the joys of nausea already, theres none of those shenanigans going on here :rotfl: :rotfl:

MummyKay said:
But the first sleep on your belly after LO is born is the most satisfying feeling ever!

YES! Can't wait :cheer: :D

Im a front sleeper too and am still waking up to find myself face down lol even though im trying so hard not to!!

Bring on the pillows!! xx

I'm also a front sleeper and having to "train" myself to sleep on my side but its just not the same :( i'm not enjoying it AT all

and yeah BTW I did think this was about sexy time positions! ;) ;)

Fluffy Bunny said:
....and to all you dirty minded first triers who thought the title was aimed at something else :shakehead: :shakehead: ....

I'm a dirty minded 2nd trier!!! :rotfl:

JayK2387 said:
Im a front sleeper too and am still waking up to find myself face down lol even though im trying so hard not to!!

If it's not uncomfortable for you yet then I'd recommend making the most of it! Your baby won't suffer by you sleeping on your front at this stage and your body will naturally keep off it when the bump gets bigger x

I invested in one of those v shaped pillows and it was a god send last pregnancy,i will def b using it again this time!

I'm dreading the day I can't sleep on my tum, it's the ONLY way to sleep as far as I'm concerned!

Failing that I can sometimes sleep flat on my back, but I don't think that's recommended either :?

Make the most of it now!!!

Ooh, I'd definitely still make the most of it if it's till comfortable to sleep on your tummy. I stopped being able to very early on because of feeling bloated, but at about 14 weeks that seemed to ease a bit and I had a couple more weeks of tummy sleeping! :cheer: Not comfortable at all now, althoguh if baby gets in the right position I can do a sort of half sleeping on my tummy thing but it hurts my shoulder (if baby is not in the right position he gets the hump and kicks me insistently until I move! :roll: )

I'm still not used to sleeping on my sides (and back is just a no go!) so dfinitely make the most of it while you can!! :sleep: :hug:

kaybee said:
Failing that I can sometimes sleep flat on my back, but I don't think that's recommended either

You can sleep on your back so long as you don't get any tingling in your legs. It's you that would suffer, and generally your body will let you know if you need to change position during any point in your pregnancy. Our LOs are so well protected, it's our joints and ligaments that do the suffering!

im a front sleeper and managed to stay n my front til second tri with james, dont think i will make it that far this time!! I invested in a pregnancy pillow and it was ace. `best purchase of my pregnancy i reckon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back