anyone else got a bloated stomach this early?

According to the internet pregnancy calculators, I'm only 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant, yet for the past few days, my jeans feel too tight and uncomfortable to do up and my normally flat stomach (size 8) is sticking out. My little boy even commented tonight that my belly was getting bigger (I wondered whether I was imagining it). I can't even totally hold it in!

Is this normal so early on in pregnancy? This is my third pregnancy (last one was eight years ago though). Is it just bloating?

I'd be glad to hear anyone else's opinion on this.

it's probably just bloating this early. it could go down a bit again before you get a proper bump. my stomach is bloated too right now

:wave: Wendywandy!

I'm 8 weeks and today for the first time I had to let my uniform zip down and hide under my jacket ALL day. Where did it all come from!?!?! :shock: Where was it hiding last night?????

I'm going to have to order new uniforms soon, which will arouse suspicion in work when I ask for a size 18 (normally a 10!).....oh the joys!

Hope everything is working out with you now......I'm still the same....single and pregnant!

xxx

Thanks ToriElla and Lainey.

Good for you, Lainey - keep up the 'single and pregnant' good work! I feel a bit tearful again tonight. I sent my ex-husband a text to let him know I was pg before the kids till him next time they see him. I think that's what's upsetting me. I had a cry about it the other night too. I left him, but compared to my current partner, he was an angel! I loved him (my husband) so much at one time, I thought we'd be together forever and I could talk to him about anything (he's one of life's great listeners and is rarely judgemental or jealous or anything and was always very supportive of me). I really miss him!

Oh, there I go again :cry: Of course, we had grown apart for other reasons, but I still miss his good qualities, even more now that I can barely stand to be in the same room as my current partner. Oh, everything just seems such a mess :cry: I realise that my getting pregnant to someone else made everything "final" between me and my ex-husband (we've split up for almost 4 years and never really spoke about it). Why am I so upset about this?

It was all so different when I was pregnant first time around. I was married and so much in love with my husband. I felt so safe and secure. This time, I don't even much like my current partner any more and I feel really worried and insecure :cry:

Sorry, I'm glad to hear you're doing great, Lainey. It cheers me up to hear about you (and size 18 instead of a size 10 indeed - who are you kidding?).

xxx

Wend if it's any help I switched to maternity trousers at 6 weeks pregnant! I couldn't stand my jeans all tight and causing red marks etc. Evidently it's extra water retention in the earlier days, some have a theory that it means you'll get really big but have a smaller baby as it's mainly amniotic fluid you'll be lugging around with you...it happened to my Mum so hopefully, fingers crossed and all that it will happen with me also!! Untill then I think it's an old wives tale designed to make us feel better but who knows!! :hug:

Thanks Nicola. I think you're right - it probably is just fluid retention. I had half a worry there might be twins in there (no, they don't run in my family, but as I'm an "oldie" at 34...).

WendyWandy said:
Thanks Nicola. I think you're right - it probably is just fluid retention. I had half a worry there might be twins in there (no, they don't run in my family, but as I'm an "oldie" at 34...).

I thought I was carrying twins too...maternity clothing at 6 weeks? :shock: Anyway I got an early scan out of it 6 weeks 5 days and still had the regular one at 12 weeks.....hehe it was great seeing the heart fluttering away that early on really amazing!! Oh and just to say your not an oldie at 34 at all!! Especially not for a 3rd child! I'm 28 expecting my first. xx

well i can say it is normal.i hope it is as it has happened with all of mine......and i have a few.8 and am carrying #9.It can get uncomfy and then i start thinking god how big will i be in 8 months.....but surprising i have never got that big. :clap: :clap: I had twins 4yrs ago and still i looked quite small, they weighed in at 5lb 9oz, 4lb 14 oz....I have no idea why we do it we just do.........Good luck and congrats.........

Hi

With both pregnancies i had to stop wearing all my regular pants right away and ended up buying maternity as thet were more comfy and stretchy
Katrina

I suppose when you put it that way, Nicola, no, I'm not too much of an "oldie" :D

And congratulations on no. 9 mellowbird! I admire people who can cope with having so many children - how do you do it - strict routines?

And thanks, Katrina - at least now I don't feel so bad about bidding on some early pregnancy jeans on ebay :)

Nicola said:
WendyWandy said:

! I'm 28 expecting my first. xx

Me too!

thanks wendywandy. thanks. Yes routines...We getup in the morning and just count down to the bedtime hour.... :dance: they are all pretty good even the youngest baby Theah 1. They go to bed at 6 and that it is until the morning........But dont get me wrong there are days when i could take them all outside ,pin thwm to the wall and start the next revolution.....But that feeling soon passes when one of them will do or say something that just lightens the day......Love them all and would love loads more, but i am running out ofyears....... :rotfl: :wink: :hug:

Mellowbird - you saying your kids go to bed at 6pm made me remember my doctor's advice when my son was a baby. I breastfed him on demand and he seemed to be permanently latched on, or else I'd be rocking him in his pram, singing him his umpteenth lullaby - I was exhausted. The doctor said, "We had it so much easier when I was younger, we just put our children to bed at 6 o'clock". I sat there, staring at her, as though she knew of some magic that I didn't.

"But HOW did you do THAT?", I asked, dying to know the "secret". "We just PUT THEM TO BED AT 6 O'CLOCK", she repeated slowly. Still, I didn't get it. I thought there must've been something different about babies born years ago :shock:

I don't think I figured out, until no.2 was here, that she just meant put him in his room and leave him to his own devices (crying or whatever) until he learned to stay there, :D

I'm glad to hear you've got it sussed though - and even with only two, I've often fantasised about getting on a train by myself and going on a very long trip some days :D

Wendywandy. Hi... I spent the first 3 kids trying to figure out how to get the routine well and truely established. :shakehead: Now that it is here and has been for 5 years life got easier...... :dance: I am an old fashioned kind of person in values and prides and i hope that my children will folloow on and raise their children with the same love and routine, and pride that i do..... :doh: 8) and as for the getting on a long journey my time will come.....When the oldest and is adult enough to be trusted then we will,but untilthen they are my responsibilty and i will deny myself everything for them...I have a good husband a great kids... :clap: :clap:

Hi Mellow,

Glad to hear you hard to learn, like me, and that you're not just a "natural born earth-mother" type. :D

About the long train journey - I just meant that there are times that I've felt like running away from it all (I wouldn't really).

hi wendywandy,I know that you would not leave them and i agree, there are times when i could run away fro the noise, but i cant..... :fib: so i think that there is alot more to learn with kids, they dont give you a rule book, Trial and Error thats al there is.....I am about as down to earth as the pope on coke, but hey someone has to be insane..... :rotfl: :wink: :hug: :think:

Hi

I just thought ide say i really admire you all who have so many children im just about to have my second and last as i dont think i can cope with more. :)
Katrina

hi saulino..... you would cope if youhad ot. and i found that once i got to 4 it just go easier. the hardest time was when the twins came alog, but like everything else in life you just get on with....Good luck with no2..........do you know what you are having yet....... :wave: :hug: :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back