My cracker of a Health Visitor..

russellmuscle

Reaction score
I forgot to share this!

I had a visit from my HV the other week, now I've always thought she seemed a bit OTT with the safety and just things she said but then thought well, can't hurt to be extra safe.

So a few weeks ago I asked her opinion on jumperoo etc, and how old would she recommend so she asked what it was and i said like a baby walker but not mobile. She said

"well, we don't recommend baby walkers atall, because, well, I mean, you have laminate flooring and Jackson will be able to get upto 30mph across the living room and skite across the floor, crash into the wall, and come out of the baby walker."

Now, I don't know if she thought I was maybe thinking of buying a baby walker with a motor engine that goes 0-30mph in a second or that maybe she was implying that my 5 mth old son has sonic the hedgehog legs, I mean what kind of a comment is that?

This is an example of the people that come to our house to give us sound advice on raising and looking after our babies...

xxxxx

I don't have a baby yet but OMG this is absolutely hilarious! I was laughing so much I nearly woke my oh up.

Scared about what else goes on in that lady's head!!

xxx

Brilliant !! Super baby...!! Sorry, this did make me laugh...we put our trust in these health professionals and I am yet to see the benefit of actually having a HV!! xx

Brilliant !! Super baby...!! Sorry, this did make me laugh...we put our trust in these health professionals and I am yet to see the benefit of actually having a HV!! xx

Wss!! That is absolutely hilarious!! Xx

Lol, that made me chuckle. Im sorry but I have no time for hv's......xx

Hahaha omg what a loon! The sonic the hedgehog legs bit made me spit out some tea!! Haha!

I remember my HV banging on at me about home safety (plugs and things) when E was only 5 days old and couldn't move an inch. They're ridiculous!

What you mean J wouldn't get to 50mph in his walker??? :lol: :lol:

One of my HV's told me to offer James an oz of water with every bottle to ease constipation ... He was having 6 bottles so that was *potentially* 6oz's of water a day he could have taken??? Madness!!!

However to be fair this HV did see us as an emergency to give us a prescription for James' oral thrush, she saw us before everyone else that was waiting and she did let me bring the pram in when everyone else had to leave theirs outside so she wasn't all bad!

xxxx

Last edited:
Ha ha! That is ridiculous! I think just nodding and agreeing is the best idea then carry on doing whatever you like x

Unbelievable! Had me in stitches. I have also taken to nodding and agreeing on the rare occasion I see a HV. Flatly refuse to go get her weighed now shes older so haven't seen one in ages!!

Hahaha omg what a loon! The sonic the hedgehog legs bit made me spit out some tea!! Haha!

I remember my HV banging on at me about home safety (plugs and things) when E was only 5 days old and couldn't move an inch. They're ridiculous!

This is what mine did with me, I've to go round the house and put any potetial dangers? Lmao I was like.. Ok.

This is why I thought she was a bit OTT but then thought safetys safety till she hit out with the above comment!

xxxxx

She is just sometime amazing to listen to becauuse your sitting thinking, I know more about this than you don't I?

I asked her about my hair loss t'other week as well and she said

"Well, when we are pregnant, god knows for whatever reason our hair grows. I think it stems from the cave man days when we had to keep warm, anyway! You grow lots of hair then you shed it like a coat."

I was like.. Ooook, ill see the GP about the hairloss, ps our hair grows due the pregnancy hormones.

What a clown.

xxxxx

What you mean J wouldn't get to 50mph in his walker??? :lol: :lol:

One of my HV's told me to offer James an oz of water with every bottle to ease constipation ... He was having 6 bottles so that was *potentially* 6oz's of water a day he could have taken??? Madness!!!

However to be fair this HV did see us as an emergency to give us a prescription for James' oral thrush, she saw us before everyone else that was waiting and she did let me bring the pram in when everyone else had to leave theirs outside so she wasn't all bad!

xxxx

I know HV advice differ, some good some bad - but its the cluelessness of her.

Total lies? And she's sitting with a straight face expecting me to believe her when all I'm thinking about is contactin Jeremy Clarkson from top gear to showcase the 30mph baby walker! :shock: hahaha xxxxx

We are visiting my in laws, temgey have laminated floor, Amelie was in her walker in their living room and I was washing her bottles in the kitchen, one sec was in the living room one sec in the kitchen falling with the walker down the kitchen stairs and almost falling out of the walker.
It can actually happen but no need o worry if you don't have huge spaces for him to run or different levels or steps.
They get dangerously fast at some point on a laminate floor.

Yeah as above. They can be quite dangerous but she did sound a bit extreme.

I take whatever they say with a pinch of salt.

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

Pinch of salt is exactly how I take most HV visits.

I read on another forum that one HV advised someone to put Nesquik in her baby's formula to make it more appealing!! What?!!! :shock:

I can't remember what the corker was I got at the last hv visit, but it had my mum questioning if she even was an actual health visitor or if she was just filling in!!

I obv get that wheels can move faster on laminate. But not 30 mph ? Lol, my livingroom is 12ft in length so I don't see how a baby would get to 30mph in 12ft of space?. Its not built on a hill - so Jackson isn't managing to reach that atall. It was a ridiculous comment.

A bit OTT with the safety, I think.

I wasn't even getting a babywalker because I don't think they are safe for other reasons, or if los r in them it shouldn't be long IMO - but not because they can reach 30 mph :lol:

xxxxx

Last edited:
Omg... Your HV is like... Woah!

On the original note... I have the Fisher Price Rainforest jumperoo.
If I ever have another baby, it'll be number one on the baby-stuff-to-get-list.

There's loads of health warnings about hip problems etc.
The thing to remember is, if a baby has dodgy hips, it could be aggravated.
If you leave baby in one for hours at a time... Well, frankly you shouldn't be a mum... Lol

I put Cay in his for maximum 15 minutes at a time, and always with at least an hours break.

He freakin loves it :) xx

Oh, and HI! :D I see J has two toothy-pegs... Good goin! Xx

Oo really!?!? although when I asked my hv about diarreah, she advised a bit of baby rice mixed with formula at 3months old!

maybe they test for the stupid gene before hiring lol!

Aw don't get me wrong I don't hate walkers, I one as a child and loads of people I know have one, just for me, right now, I don't think he needs it. Maybe in a couple months that will change but for now I don't want a walker.

Yep he has 2 bottom toothies.. Although, OH said yesterday he thought he felt one top right and I laughed and said no way not 3 then my mum came down tonight for nappies (he's at hers tonight) and she said she thinks ones about to cut up the top right where OH had said sooo I will monitor this, but 3 teeth in a couple weeks is just mental lmao.

The wee lamb bit himself the other day he never cried but I noticed wee red marks on his arm. Sat and watched him for a min and I seen him bite his arm lmao crazy kid xxxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back