Health Visitor.

Monkey

Reaction score
For those who have had a health visitor seen you, what have they done during their visits?

I have read that they are meant to do checks at 2 weeks and then follow up checks at a month old. I have seen her twice and she hasn't even touched E. The first visit, she didn't even look at her. All she has done is talk and ask questions.

Last edited:
She just spoke to me really! At his check this week he was weighed but that's the only time. Think they are just there to see if you have any worries or concerns

Thanks for your reply, it's put my mind at ease a bit. I thought we weren't getting the checks needed as I read they were going to do a top to toe check, measure her head and weigh her.

To be honest, I don't really like my health visitor, she has made me feel like I'm being a burden on her with each visit. She just appears grumpy and in a rush the whole time.

nothing really - she weighed him and we had a chat about things :) she also told me about baby clinics and immunisations etc

My hv weighed him ay evry visit and every other or every third measured him. She always came and had a play with him did the measuring and then asked us about how we were getting on. X can u not ask to change hv ..... X

Did your LO have the heel prick test in hospital as my HV did both mine at home xx

She had a heel prick while still in hospital and then MV did one at home. I really wish I could just keep the MV i have, she is great.

Not sure I can swap HVs and a little afraid to ask for a new one in case it can't be done, then the one I have now could become worse.

Mines does the same things as the MW - she felt my tummy first time, checked/weighed baby.

I dont like mines - 2 days ago she was round, i told her I had a urine infection, to which she starts telling me how to wipe myself properly after a pee :shock: - ehhhh i think i know this, esp after having a baby girl myself. Then she gave me a questionnaire thing - to find out if parents need any help ect, it was all questions about emotional health, how do u feel ect ect - one of them was are you anxious about baby & i'd put the wee cross thing a bit too far away from not feeling anxious & she said - i see here you've put your a wee bit anxious I was like...no...i'm not I just didn't put the cross in the right place & she was staring at me trying to read my face as if i was lying. And shes going on about how very important it is to let her know about domestic abuse ect, but she went on about it a bit too much - i was like...right get the hint ffs.

Oh and she asked at another visit if me or OH smoke, I dont, he does, I said he smokes outside (which he does) & when I checked the baby health record, she's ticked the box saying baby is exposed to smoke!! im raging, he changes his t.shirt & washes his hands after & baby never sleeps in our bed grrrrr - was gona fone and go thro her but will wait til nxt visit.

:wall2:

this is probably going to sound VERY stupid, but how often are they supposed to come?

at my first and ONLY visit she weighed him and asked about our health and that was about it, had already had the heal prick done by MW! so I've seen her one and she's not even phoned since!

I'm only on week 4 but this is my second, i've seen mine twice & MW 3x since we left hosp. She said she has one more visit with me for 6wk check.

When I had my 1st LO she came round every 2 days for about 2 weeks but that was a few years ago i'd imagine they've cut down alot since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back