My consultant story!

Ally1979

Reaction score
Had appointment with horrible consultant man yesterday and he insisted yet again that baby was still breech and tried to get me in for a c section next week, dispite seeing in my notes that the previous midwives had all written CEPH and the last one had put 3/5 engaged.
I refused to accept his assessment and demanded a scan. He got all arsey with me saying he didnt do 10 years of training in this country for nothing (he was Indian) blah blah but i stood my ground and eventually after kicking up a right fuss in the waiting room i got my scan. Sonographer confirmed baby was head down and engaged (now there is a surprise!!!) and i was measuring bang on 37 weeks (which i am today woooo!)
No apology from consultant at all. Then he tried to book me in on my due date for an induction!!! WHY???? I basically told him to get lost and that there was no way i was having an induction until i needed one. I then told him that i would no longer be coming to clinic appointmemts as there is nothing wrong with either me or the baby and walked out of the room making it known in a very loud voice how crap he was

I then spoke to the midwife in charge about making a complaint and she has given me the name and address of the person i need to speak/write to about it. Also phoned my own midwife who was shocked at consultant but agreed with my actions and is now taking over my care.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Well done for standing up for yourself and getting the scan sorted. Great news !!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Yay for standing up for yourself and yay for baby being head down!! lol Men hey!? ;) :shakehead:

well done you for standing up for yourself xxxxxxx

you rock!!! 8) :clap: :cheer: :cheer:

it never ceases to amaze me just how crap some consultants are!!!! really sorry you had to be so bloody assertive ally hun but well done!!! xxxxx

Good for you these people take far too much control over us pregnant ladies and far too often we let them.
Well done hun :clap:

Good for you!! So many people would just continue with what they recommend as they are the so called "experts" PLease make sure you make the complaint as doctors like that should not be practicing. Ive seen a few crappy registras in my time and i end up telling them what they need to do.

Glad baby is engaged and ready to go!

Claire x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back