My boss is FAB!

Annie050408

Reaction score
I emailed my boss yesterday to tell her that I'd changed my mind about maternity leave and that now, instead of taking just 6 months, I'd like to take 9 months. I am a primary school teacher and she told me a while ago that she wouldn't give me a cass next year but instead I'd be a support/cover teacher. I was a little concerned about this as I teach 6-7 year olds and I was worried about going back in September, heavily pregnant and having to cover year 5/6 (who in my school are a bit of a handfull) but she has just emailed me to say that firstly the 9 months is completely fine and of course I'd want to take longer off with bubs and that secondly she plans for me to have my own little room in September and again when I return from maternity to take small groups of infant children for some additional support during lessons. I am so happy- this has removed all the stress, planning, marking etc... from next year.

Am really looking forward to it all now - and what's best is that because of school summer hols, I get to go on maternity leave at 29 weeks (although I do have to go back for 3 weeks in Sept).

That's great! :yay: Glad she's been so supportive - it's so nice not to have to worry about maternity leave and work while you're pregnant or once bubs is here x

great news my dd is yr 6 and i wouldnt wish a group that age on anyone lols xxx

I love them at that age- they are so optimistic and genuinely good natured (and easy to train to be decent human beings!)- am really going to miss my class :(

I love them at that age- they are so optimistic and genuinely good natured (and easy to train to be decent human beings!)- am really going to miss my class :(

its so nice to hear teachers so enthusiastic about their work although for love nor money would i be able to do it lols

its so nice to hear teachers so enthusiastic about their work although for love nor money would i be able to do it lols

Well I certainly don't do it for the money- I used to work for an investment bank in London, earning a fantastic wage and now earn less than half of that- but you have to do what makes you happy and I realised there was more to life than money and 'things' :)

Brilliant!! Its gr8 in a school, I am takin my maternity leave in Sept, going back for a few days at start of term, so we get the 6 weeks summer hols too :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back