A Gift

Skyla

Reaction score
Hey all, I hope everyone is going well :)

I was just wondering if any of you had any suggestions as to what you could get for a baby who is going to be born at the beginning of May (so i'd wanna get something for when it's a little older...I guess about 6 months to a year old?).

It'd have to be some sort of play mat or toy with sounds and lights etc. The budget is around £200 or under. Basically, my whole school year would like to purchase a gift for our head of year and geography teacher who is going on maternity leave at the end of this month (she's such a lovely teacher) and we're all chipping in £2 each to buy something really great.

And ideas would be really welcome!

You can buy an awful lot of playmats for 200quid!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously if that is the sort of budget does she have a garden? if yes then maybe an outside toy, a playhouse or toddler slide or something? Or a photography voucher for a set of baby photos to be taken throughout the 1st year

I'm not sure if she has a garden but it's likely that she does...it's just a question of how big it is.

A baby photography voucher is an awsome idea!

Thank you! I'll have to pitch all these ideas to the person in our year who is coordinating this whole thing :)

Hi

I think the picture idea is a great one they can get expensive and they are well worth it
Katrina

Thanks Katrina :) I'll definitely mention that idea to my form tutor :)

ive seen in boots a "baby-gym"! its so cute its like a mat with two arches across it diagonally, with dangly coloured bits on them, so the baby lies on the mat on its back and plays with the toys with its arms and legs, having fun and working out its arms and legs at the same time! it was only £20 or £30 tho so you'd have plenty leftover!

for that kind of money it needs to be something she would like and needs! I know it may ruin the surprise but could the form teacher not have a word with her and find out what she really wants subtely??

Sounds like a good idea Trixipaws :) I'll mention that.

I guess my form tutor could ask her but today we decided that we're gonna get her one of these beautiful globes made from gem stones like mother of pearl etc (she's a geography teacher) and also a baby/family photography voucher :)

This is the globe site...http://www.justglobes.co.uk/acatalog/Ge ... lobes.html

we haven't decided which one to get yet but hopefully there'll be enough money left over to get a photography voucher...everyone thought it was a brilliant idea :)

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back