My bl**dy boss! Bit of a rant, sorry!

LinsG

Reaction score
I spoke to my boss about 2 months ago about coming back to work part time after my maternity leave, he said that he assumed i would want something like that and he didn't see there being any problem at all. As it hadn't been mentioned since i said to him today is it still ok for me to come back part time, and he said "hmmmm probably but i'm not sure"!!!!! So now I am really annoyed!!!! When was he planning to tell me it might be a problem? My OH and I have planned our finances, not to mention nusrsery for the LO, around me being part time!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Am I right in thinking that with the new maternity laws he has to have a damn good reason not to let me back part time?

Yeh I think the new laws do protect you from idiots like that. Try not to worry about it, you don't need the stress. Do you have a HR department you can contact? xxx

Unfortunately no, its a really small company and the boss is the HR dept!

I've just had an email off my OH saying not to panic and if we are managing on his wage alone i won't have to rush to find a job. He's such a sweetheart, I was starting to get really worried.

LinsG said:
Unfortunately no, its a really small company and the boss is the HR dept!

I've just had an email off my OH saying not to panic and if we are managing on his wage alone i won't have to rush to find a job. He's such a sweetheart, I was starting to get really worried.

Don't give up without a fight though flower, if working part time is what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back