My best friend xxxx

leibiloo87

Reaction score
Iv just found out my best friend who was due a week before me has lost her baby had her scan today and baby had no heartbeat she has to have it removed tomorrow im absolutely devastated for her and im so scared shes not going to be able to look at me and my bump now as it might be too much of a reminder of the baby she has lost!!! I just really want to run round there and give her a big hug but iv got a noticable bump now and dont want her to feel like im rubbing it in her face, dont no what to do or say to her??? I no I shouldnt but I feel guilty for been pregnant and how can I talk about my pregnancy or anything in front of her im like a constant reminder of her loss our due dates where so close to eachother iv been non stop crying since I found out I just want to be there for her n help her but she might not want me to be x

That's awful. I don't even know what to suggest. Maybe you should be honest with her and let her know you want to be there for her but don't want to make it worse so when she feels like she needs her best friend, to call you? Depends on the kind of relationship you have but I've been where she is with my cousin and I was more upset at the fact that she felt like she had to keep away from me in case it was too much.

Good luck with however you decide to play it xxx

My friend and next door neighbour was a few weeks behind me when she miscarried, I again found it hard as i had a bump and hers had completly gone. Every scan i've had since she has been the first to know about it, she has given me any baby things she had and is going to be my childminder. I think its important for her to know that you still care, and you're not wanting to rub it in her face you are being her friend xx

Thank you we are very close we have been best friends since we where 5. I think im just going to tell her how I feel and she knows she can be honest with me if it would be too much seeing me at the moment so I think it will be best I just come out n ask her what she wants me to do. Feel so sorry for her if it was the other way around I would want her to be honest with me. She was so looking forward to been a mum and her partner was so exited its just awful we were planning what we will do with the babies once they are born and now her little baby is gone and its just so sad, I hope she can get through it shes a tough cookie just want to be there to hold her hand and help her x

Its got to be hard for you too as you want to enjoy your pregnancy with your best friend and enjoy it together and now its almost as it you're grieving with her but can't be as close as you want to be for her. I feel for you both.

I think being honest is the best thing to do and not because you're worried about your own feelings but because you want to be there for her if she will be ok with that.

The best of luck to you sweetie and if you keep being as sensitive as you are, i'm sure you will be a great support to her xx

I would text/call her and say you are available to talk and if she wants to see you to know where you are; but she might feel upset if you go running in there with your bump, I been in the other side. She will come to you when she is ready; but losing a baby is so hard!! Just offer your hand; don't force it. I am so sorry for your friend, but that doesn't mean you need to feel bad about being pregnant!! You know your friend best of all, go with your instincts. Wishing you all the best xx

awww so sorry your friend is going thru this i dont think theres anything more i can say than what the other girls have sed apart from you being there for her it maybe hard for her to begin with but shell come round just lots of huggles for your friend and be there for her when she needs you my thoughts are with your friend xxx

just wanted to let you know me and best friend were pregnant at the same time (me being bout 4wks behind her) and i lost me baby at bout 9.5wks but made sure she knew she could talk to me anytime bout anything.... she is my best friend and im very happy for her and would hate to think she felt she couldnt talk to me because of my miscarriage... im sure your friend feels this way too x

Thank you for the replies shes been to hospital today so im going to leave it until tomorrow and call her see how shes getting on and if she wants me to go see her I will do I hope shes ok I cant imagine what it must feel like I love her to bits and she knows im there no matter what so hopefully she will turn to me if she needs to chat or just a cuppa x

As her best friend I'm sure there will be nobody else she would rather have there than you - pregnant or not. Just tell her how you feel honey I bet she's just as scared seeing you as you are of seeing her. Emotions will be high, hormones all over the place for both of you. Hey in a few weeks time you will be helping her through ttc again - I dont doubt it will be hard for her but think she needs you more now than ever! Good luck today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back